Sign in to follow this  
sprangerjack

My 2 cents

Good evening guys, I think the PMDG is a long awaited milestone in the flight sim community. I think what we are seeing here is a new era in flight simulation. Congrats again PMDG. While i congratulate i must make some constructive criticism. As a real worl pilot i think the depth perception from the 737 cockpit is too low. I feel like im scraping along the tarmac at 2 ' and not 15' up. Taxiing is hard to control, maybe it's my satiek trottle, dont know, but i barely move the trottle up to 24 N1 and the a/c takes off like a nascar> ZFW was 132k lbs. way too much power,this shouldnt be. During the takeoff, the auto trottle moves way to quick and the take off run is too quick. There are a few more but i see they have already been posted Like i said this is just my 2 cents. When i had FS9 the PMDG was one of my favorites, thats why i can make these comparison clearly and honestly. I dont care much about the eye candy ( ground support ect) what i want is an a/c that has dynamics like the real thing. There is another 737 out there that seems to be giving PMDG some competition. PMDG you have a reputation of giving us the best, please continue to do such. Spranger

The motion of the throttles and engine spoolup was exactly timed to the real thing. The Thrust Resolve Angle (TRA) on the autothrottle motion is straight out of the Boeing engineering documentation. The cockpit dimensions, heights etc are also straight out of Boeing documentation - if it's wrong so is the information we were given by Boeing. We sanity checked those measurements in the real airplane with a precision caliper and laser angle measurement too at one point too and we found them to agree very closely.Are you a pilot on the 737 or on a different type?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good evening guys, I think the PMDG is a long awaited milestone in the flight sim community. I think what we are seeing here is a new era in flight simulation. Congrats again PMDG. While i congratulate i must make some constructive criticism. As a real worl pilot i think the depth perception from the 737 cockpit is too low. I feel like im scraping along the tarmac at 2 ' and not 15' up. Taxiing is hard to control, maybe it's my satiek trottle, dont know, but i barely move the trottle up to 24 N1 and the a/c takes off like a nascar> ZFW was 132k lbs. way too much power,this shouldnt be. During the takeoff, the auto trottle moves way to quick and the take off run is too quick. There are a few more but i see they have already been posted Like i said this is just my 2 cents. When i had FS9 the PMDG was one of my favorites, thats why i can make these comparison clearly and honestly. I dont care much about the eye candy ( ground support ect) what i want is an a/c that has dynamics like the real thing. There is another 737 out there that seems to be giving PMDG some competition. PMDG you have a reputation of giving us the best, please continue to do such. Spranger
well its certainly not someone else 2 centsLOL.gif .... the depth perception is not right with me either. Dont understand the new era comment. I prefer the J41 and its been out for a bit.... in other words, great aircraft from PMDG is not new.

I've been fortunate to get a sim training in a 737, and flew many jump seats in the 737-200. I still feel that the depth perception is off. I just feel way to low . I understand that everything comes out of the boeing doc... not disputing that, on my PC that im using, thats just how it is to me.... spranger