Sign in to follow this  

Finally we have some good looking girl(s) on these forums... and above that, FS and HW interested. How nice.

Aha. I'm glad I've been a long time lurker on these forums. Good long year of solid preparation to handle you boys! Side note: change my display name to avoid the confusion and any doubts that were happening. Call me Di from now on.

Aha. I'm glad I've been a long time lurker on these forums. Good long year of solid preparation to handle you boys! Side note: change my display name to avoid the confusion and any doubts that were happening. Call me Di from now on.
Oh yea, everyone thought you were the actress lol... EDIT: Gonna be a tough job, ya know? He%20He.gif

Haha. I was so shocked. I never even realized! Well. That's going away. Don't want people getting the wrong ideas or whatever. NGX is fitting considering PMDGs new release and how brilliant it is.Edit: hey I'm a tough gal. Give me all you've got. Haha

Haha. I was so shocked. I never even realized! Well. That's going away. Don't want people getting the wrong ideas or whatever. NGX is fitting considering PMDGs new release and how brilliant it is. Edit: hey I'm a tough gal. Give me all you've got. Haha
Don't you worry Big%20Grin.gif NGX is some piece of software. I was just doing landing to LDDU from LEIB and I was literally jawdropping here. I had to back off the detail though, I was running in low 20s, which I don't like considering the power...Now turned off water reflections, shader2 low. Even more real than reflecting clouds.

I love it. It's.......perfect. Every angle is just mind boggling. I just can't wait to be able to run it smoothly in airports like UK2000 EGLL. At the moment it's a bit of a slideshow at low teens. FSDT KORD is sitting at 6-10 facing the terminals and 10-15 while taxiing and takeoff. It's liveable but not exactly fun flying.

Only piece of advice I can give you, do some online flying with it, in a real controlled airspace (VATSIM for instance). Preferrably with a lots going on. If you can spend some computing power for that...

Oh no. My little Dell laptop is already screaming out at me (literally. The CPU fan is noisy!). The performance I get considering the complexity of the NGX and the fact it's a laptop is whopping!

Dell laptops. It doesn't scream to me, I scream at it. It is just soo slow. I was opening up the PDF with the tutorial for the NGX which took about 1min. boot is about 5mins. I couldn't buy from Dell again.

My laptop runs the NGX at mid-high sliders VC at 25-30 cruising and mid teens on the ground. I must say dell has improved a lot since yours then. My boot time is just over a minute and the NGX PDFs open instantly.

Ouch. The vostro's are business machines and never really made for gaming or whatnot. Mine is the 2011 XPS 15 with the SB i5 dual core. I5-2540M. 2.6GHz up to 3.3GHz under load. (aka FSX)

Guest PFL

My "Travel FSX Machine" is the Asus G73JH with an i7 920XM - ATI Mobility 5870, and it runs FSX remarkly well.. Set-up and tuned in the proper way, it is possible to have acceptable performance on a laptop, even a Dell XPS!

Exactly! I have mine really well tuned. Followed the FSX install guides to the letter, defragged, bojote's tweaks and all that. Uninstalled all of the crap Dell shove on there.

Its not that it was ever designed for gaming, because it used to play FSX reasonably well, it is just degraded to a tortoise. Check out my new PC over at the PC pi thread and my other quick but now dead PC.