Sign in to follow this  
martinboehme

Using separate throttles with the 737NGX

I have managed to set my saitek throttle quadrants up so that each engine uses a separate lever, but as had been discussed above, the throttle now shows a cyan arc all the time as the picture shows below throttle.png Also if i advance the throttles, if there is any discrepencie at all as I open them on takeoff, this will disengage the autothrottle

In the CDU, if you click the LSK button a second time you get the option -when moving-. This will show the cyan arc only when moving the throttles.

In the CDU, if you click the LSK button a second time you get the option -when moving-. This will show the cyan arc only when moving the throttles.
I understand that, but the option is there for it to show the actually position of the thrust levers as it has been set, this works fine if I have just one thrust lever set up to control both engines but if i change it to 2 levers, ie one per engine then i get a cyan arc indicating that in theory my thrust levers are not open as much as its been commanded by the FMC, but in fact my levers are 100% open not 70% as indicated in my picture.

I use the CH yoke and set it up with their crappy software package only to get my left trigger as a PTT button for Vatsim. However I do have independent throttles (levers 2+3) with my speedbrake as lever 1. I haven't had any issues with control and the blue arc works as intended (independent and only when moving). I don't have the full version of FSUIPC (though I assume I probably have the basic version somewhere around) but have never used it for calibrating anything.

this works fine if I have just one thrust lever set up to control both engines but if i change it to 2 levers, ie one per engine then i get a cyan arc indicating that in theory my thrust levers are not open as much as its been commanded by the FMC, but in fact my levers are 100% open not 70% as indicated in my picture.
This is exactly the problem I am also seeing (I have a cyan arc, but it stays at the same N1 setting all the time independent of how I move the throttles -- instead, those throttle movements directly influence the white arc). Some have posted that one should avoid using FSUIPC to calibrate the throttles to avoid the problem, but I still have the problem even if I don't use FSUIPC but assign the throttles directly through FSX's Settings / Controls dialog. Martin Boehme

If I use two hardware axes to control the "throttle 1" and "throttle 2" settings, I observe the following behaviour. When the autothrottle is active, moving the hardware throttles changes not the cyan arc (as would be the case with a single "global" throttle) but the white arc, leading to a corresponding change in engine RPM (note "A/T manual override" is set to "NEVER"). If I move the hardware throttles too far, the autothrottle will even disconnect. Again, the behaviour is the same no matter whether I assign the axes directly via FSX or via FSUIPC.
Hi Martin, same problem for me too... I had to avoid FSUIPC

I've now found out what the problem was. Turns out the problem was caused simply by FSUIPC being installed (even if I didn't assign any axes through it). Uninstalling FSUIPC solves the problem -- however, it entails so many compromises that, for the moment, I prefer to live with the bug. I did do some tests previously with the axes assigned through FSX instead of FSUIPC but I kept FSUIPC installed because I assumed that shouldn't make any difference. Turns out it does. Hope this helps people who are having the same problem. Martin Boehme