Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

N1

I was lined up on the runway ready for takeoff. Had autothrottle engaged, both FDs engaged. I advanced the throttle up to 40%, and then I hit the N1 button on the MCP. Nothing happened...so I clicked the hidden clickspot for N1, and sure enough, my engines went to takeoff power, and off I went... anybody else have this issue of the N1 botton not functioning, or is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm aware there is a difference between N1 and TO/GO... regards

So you're saying that N1 wouldn't engage due to the fact that I was still on the ground? But the clickspot still engaged it....

Ok, maybe I should clarify- N1 mode tells the AT to go to the MAX thrust limited by the stage of flight. I usually refer to it as the "N1 Limit" mode. This is only capable of being used while in flight. TO/GA tells the AT to go into full TO or GA thrust, as long as you are taking off or landing. If you see TO or GA illuminated at the top of the upper DU, and you are in takeoff or landing configuration, this mode can be used.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

The hidden clickspot is for TO/GA, not N1.
Well...that would make sense :) I think this is solved. Thanks