Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newtie

VC suggestions

Hi- I was wondering if the view in the vc can be changed when you hit 'A' on the key board. I'm trying to acclimate myself to the vc because of all the great work done by the PMDG team (I've never liked vcs due to the frame rate hit and the odd viewing angles involved in using it). Would the EZdock app be helpful here? It would be nice to move back and up in order to see the overhead panel instead of pressing A four times :>) Thanks,Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi- I was wondering if the view in the vc can be changed when you hit 'A' on the key board. I'm trying to acclimate myself to the vc because of all the great work done by the PMDG team (I've never liked vcs due to the frame rate hit and the odd viewing angles involved in using it). Would the EZdock app be helpful here? It would be nice to move back and up in order to see the overhead panel instead of pressing A four times :>) Thanks,Mark
You can press shift+0-9 and that will bring up different views. The overhead is shift+6. These are 2d views but they come in handy under high workload situations.

Hi Mark,Yes, EZdok would help you. With it you can move to a specific camera location smoothly and you can assign any key on your joystick/keyboard to this view. Then it'll "float" smoothly to this position.There are also predefined views coming with the NGX which you only have to assign a button to, which makes it much easier for beginners.

which makes it much easier for beginners.
Which I am im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Thanks!