Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dighost

Bojote utility settings

I used the Bojote utility to tweak my config file recently. I am running an i7-2600k system overclocked to 4.8, and an Nvidia 460 gtx. I read that there was some merit in disabling the hyperthreading, which I went ahead and did. My question then is what changes should I make to the fsx config file? I know I could probably re-compile it again with Bojotes utility, but I like the settings I have. What needs to be changed? I figured the affinity mask needs to be altered, but didn't know what else may need to be tweaked. Thanks! -Bill

Not much of an answer. Bill - certainly the mask needs changing, but I/we've seen 12, 14 and 15 as suggested options for that one. The rest? Well - it pretty much depends upon where you fly and what you fly, doesn't it?For e.g. Heavy airliners: the Maddog (or any of the heavies) at Seattle - I turn off boats, ferries, limit road to 10, GA to 10 AI to 40. Generally ground detail is not so important as smoothness, and that's a toughie using OrbX PNW with VancouverPlus, FlyTampa's (modified) KSEA and FlightZone02's (modified) Portland KPDX plus OrbX Portland city and area. I have a specific fsx.cfg for that route, with half a dozen flight plans.For VFR sightseeing - light aircraft - the SibWings BirdDog in and around OrbX Darrington - Orcas - Concrete - Whidbey, etc., - GA is 40, roads are 20, highest ground detail and so on, so that's a different config again.I like the odd Cargo flight, and for that it's similar to the heavy, but with less AI, more GA, more weather. Same PNW, but using the Milviz Cessma 310, JF Cargo Pilot and another cfg. Covering all the spectrum, including heli's, four engine, twin engine, jet, IFR/VFR - I use a batch file to call any one of 12 cfgs, along with 4 Controls files.This way I can just select a particular cfg number and play with it until it fits the bill, and then it's saved. The controller parts of the cfg's could be replaced by programming FSUIPC, but that's a lot of pain with little gain with four controllers and a mouse. The upshot is - I think that there's no one cfg which will satisfy all flights, Bill, it's a matter of trying other folks settings from the forum threads over a period on several months, and seeing what works.

Thanks Paul! I did some looking around and I think I have the answer now-- at least I hope! :)

Good: the fact that you've used most of the existing tweaks tells me you're almost there. Are you using the Shader3 mod? It has a strong impact on clouds, and it allows water at 6, for a most natural-looking ocean or lake.

Hi PJ, how do you use the batch file in relation to a saved cfg, is that hard to setup...I mean do you use it to open fsx and load a different cfg, any chance on sharing the process to do that, it sounds like a good thing beacuse I am always changing the details at different airports etc based on what you are saying with different loads on the system by airports and terrain etc....many thanks in advance

The process is in the Tips n Tricks forum, MD. Look for "Multiple Configs". There are many ways to menu the different configs, and a dos batch file is the easiest. I made it a while ago, and have modified my current one since then so - pm me or ask here if you don't follow it - OK? It'll get you started.. smile.png