Sign in to follow this  
Da Flyguy

Life after the Hot-Fix is a Not-Fix

Yes, sorry to say the Hot Fix was a Not Fix.Was setting up the FMC and everything was fine untill I started page 3 of the Legs Page.It refused to let me enter data when going to this page.Ahh well, Just got to be patient. Yawn.gifhappy.png Also, i seem to get better luck with activation after setting up(and loading) my own default flight using the default 737 parked on the ground.Not sure if it was just luck but anyway it worked for me. Hope you nail it on the head PMDG. BTW, no need to activate after the Hot-Fix do you ? Cheers, Rick

I have also had great results first starting my default Cessna flight on the ground at the gate, engines off, battery and avionics on, then switching to the NGX once the sim has started. I have never done this before with any aircraft until now, but it seems the NGX is more stable, textures load faster etc. etc. on my system for some reason. I know the manual says not to do this, it is myth and all that. But for my system this seems to work much better. Also, I haven't had a panel freeze in almost 10 flights now,even at EDDF, whereas I would get them constantly before I started doing this. I have not used the hotfix yet. So, RIck, you are not alone in this..

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

I start all my flights with first load of cessna. Other addons need it too. So you have a clean startup. Then took NGX. It's recommend in my eyes to do this with every addon. 737 default has some specifics with 3 tanks and other things and my exexperience told me since fs2004 to use as default aircraft on startup the cessna plane. There is only one tank and some basics in it thats all.