Sign in to follow this  
siggie

New Rig For FSX and PMDG 737 NGX

Gutted.
I can imagine that...! Well, if I'd ever fly 13 hours, I would definitely save every now and then... This evening, what a coincidence, I also landed on Heathrow 27L (Aerosoft) but I only came from EHAM, so that was a short hop... Of course flying long flights gives you more chances on a crash...

I know... I flew the sim on 4x the whole way to keep things moving and keep me awake, but after then I've always saved at TOC, TOD etc. I changed to UK2000 EGLL because my FSX always CTD'd when capturing the localiser :/ not sure what the problem was.

I flew the sim on 4x the whole way to keep things moving and keep me awake
LOL Are you doing this for fun or...? rolleyes.gifhappy.png

Yep. I've done that flight in real life so many times I thought I may as well do it a few times on FSX! Plus....something has gotta empty the 744x's tanks once in a while

You are missing out on something special then... The 737NGX runs perfectly on my new i5 2500K with 1600 Mhz RAM (and GTX580)!!! I've had no problems at all with it, not a single lock up or CTD. It's almost unbelievable. I don't even make backup saves during flights anymore. happy.png
Are you by any chance running the latest Orbx PNW?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting and lively thread, nice with a female hothead, woohaaa!! I would go for an i7 2600K, because of the larger cache. Whistle.gif
I wonder if this guy had any data to substantiate that. I seriously doubt it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Are you by any chance running the latest Orbx PNW?
Eh... do you mean CTD's are more common when flying above PNW...? I ALWAYS fly above PNW... but not when I fly the 737NGX... then I fly in Europe from one Aerosoft airport to another... happy.png
How do you backup save?
Simply save the game...? My backup save is called ' , yes that's right, that's the apostroph: that key sits beside the ; key (on my keyboard at least) which is the key you can use to go to the save dialogue box. And other side of the ' key is the ENTER key. So whenever I want to save a flight in midair I quickly press ; ' Enter Enter and the game is saved. Because the keys are next to each other, you can do this within a split second and the screen only briefly turns black: I don't even SEE the save dialogue box...! cool.png (I have to press ENTER twice: once for saving the flight and once for overwriting the previous save). Another method to save is to buy FSUIPC which has an autosave option. However, I read a lot of people here turn it off because it give a pause while flying whenever it saves the flight. My 'method' also obviously gives a small pause, but at least you expect it then. sleep.png

I wonder if this guy had any data to substantiate that. I seriously doubt it.
2mb of cache, really. It won't make that much difference. Its like paying an extra $500 on a TV to get an extra couple of inches for the same model, it will still show the same quality picture.

Wow. Thank goodness I don't live in Australia. $500 for same model but a couple inches bigger. What a ripoff.

It was an example. I had already written the 5 and could not be bothered pressing backspace, typical. But I think you figured that out.