Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Activating the NGX

I had the NGX and FSX installed on my desktop but i uninstalled everything. Now when I installed everything on my laptop the NGX is saying that my activation code is invalid and then it gives me an incident code. What happened and what do i need to do? I contacted PMDG and Im still waiting for a reply. Does anyone know what the likely problem is? - I do not have any other add ons.- The NGX shows up as an airplane i can choose in the aircraft menu, it just doesn't become playable because of activation Thanks.Mitch Bowman

I think you will find that PMDG wil store your "IP" address on initial purchase so that product is for one computer only. So that will proberly be why your not being allowed to activate on other machines. Just a guess . I would take a good guess that Flexnet is something to do with it aswell. ( Stopping piracy ) Regards Steve.

I think you will find that PMDG wil store your "IP" address on initial purchase so that product is for one computer only. So that will proberly be why your not being allowed to activate on other machines. Just a guess . I would take a good guess that Flexnet is something to do with it aswell. ( Stopping piracy ) Regards Steve.
I was told on the forum and on PMDG's facebook page that it shouldn't be a problem (that it is not piracy). I don't however know what flexnet is. Mitch Bowman

not sure then my friend i ment piracy to protect PMDG which is why they may have done it. Flexnet is the software that deals with the activations my friend

not sure then my friend i ment piracy to protect PMDG which is why they may have done it. Flexnet is the software that deals with the activations my friend
I mean when I bought the NGX I was under the impression that I would be able to move install it on my laptop. That's what they told me, so if that's not the case then I feel misled by PMDG Mitch Bowman

IP address tracking is NOT the way you would want anyone to go, if you are activaling & re-activating over the Internet. All those with Dynamic Ips would be in real trouble !! ( ie Most DSL Modem users, and a large number of cable Modem users). The system they are using is a Professional, Internation solution, with a very large customer usage.At the end of the day, I think we will see that the issues are not with Flexnet, but rather with trying to activate from within FSX. While I can see the wish to check activation when the Plane is loaded, in hindsight, doing the actual activation from within FSX might not have been the best way to go, but then, its easy to have 20-20 hindsight. ----------------------------------- All issues asside, there are two fundamental choice to be made when releaseing almost any new product. (1) Delay product release, untill ALL bugs have been found by beta testing -- which, at the extreme, means the product will NEVER be released, as all bugs will never be found, and the company goes out of business, with massive developemnt cost, and no return. Customers also never get to experience the product. (2) Release the product when MOST of the bugs have been found by beta testers, and then go ahead and correct any additional bugs found by custmers, on their vastly differeing range of equipment, installed software, and other computer issues.Customes get the product in a reasonable time, Compamy starts to recover development cost with sales, and can attend to fixing the FEW remaining bugs , reported by Customers. It seems a NO BRAINER to me, as to what is the better alternative, and I think that PMDG have timed their release at an appropriate time. I am sure they will have the majority of issues resolved, far BEFORE most of us have read and mastered just a small percentage of the complexities of their 737NGX simulation. Geoff

I mean when I bought the NGX I was under the impression that I would be able to move install it on my laptop. That's what they told me, so if that's not the case then I feel misled by PMDG Mitch Bowman
The question of MOVING the install from one PC to another has been asked, but so far, I have seen no definitive answer. ie If the product is UN-INSTALLED as recommened, (while connected to the Internet), can the product then be re-installed on a new Machine. This would seem to be an important requirement, as customers are constantly upgrading or replacing their PC, to get faster and faster performance. If this process requires emails, and manual intervetion at both ends to confirm that Licenses are not being abused, then I can imagine that someone at PMDG will have a full time job, just dealing with this !!

The question of MOVING the install from one PC to another has been asked, but so far, I have seen no definitive answer. ie If the product is UN-INSTALLED as recommened, (while connected to the Internet), can the product then be re-installed on a new Machine. This would seem to be an important requirement, as customers are constantly upgrading or replacing their PC, to get faster and faster performance. If this process requires emails, and manual intervetion at both ends to confirm that Licenses are not being abused, then I can imagine that someone at PMDG will have a full time job, just dealing with this !!
Exactly. I bought it on my desktop thinking I would have no problems uninstalling it on there and then installing it on my high performance laptop. I think it would be crazy if they required you to buy a new product everytime you upgrade your hardware. I sure hope I don't have to buy it again considering they said I wouldn't have to. That would be ridiculous. Now, Im just wiating for them to reply to my support ticket submission. Mitch Bowman

Am I supposed to request a new download? I already have the zipped file that I transfered to my laptop via a flashdrive so I con't imagine I'd actually have to completely re-download everything. Mitch Bowman

i fixed my issue that was similar to yours by stopped and restarting the FLEXnet licensing service from the control panel.