Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegendXZero1

Will VRInsight - CDU II Panel work with NGX?

Anyone have it? Im wondering if this will work with the NGX. if anyone has it please advise, since this is kind of pricey I am unable to test myself.

No it doesn't by default no, you will have to use the tools that come with it to set it up, as far as I know nobody else has released a community created profile for the NGX yet and I haven't got the time or inclination to make one either. You could wait for VRinsight to release a profile but that depends on PMDG releasing the SDK first. Personally I suggest you get a touch screen monitor, cheaper and easier to setup and that's just what I have done in fact and its being delivered tomorrow hopefully.

Yeah I was looking at them...i can do 1920 x 1080 32" TV Fullscreen and CDU on a let's say 10" screen without having to do windowed mode on he 32"? I cannot run well the ngx on windowed mode, that's why i ask. Also, does the monitor come with software to install touch capabilities or does it just work? I am running Vista. (Even though i have an ultimate win7 disc just stting there...lol)

For starters reinstall and use Windows 7 instead, Vista is far from the crap OS that some would have you believe but Windows 7 really is leaps and bounds a better OS. Also you will have a lovely fresh install of FSX, your absolute must install add-ons and the NGX, then test it again to see what performance is like. Then you can make your mind up which way you want to go, CDU2 or touch screen. I want the touch screen because I get more screen real-estate with a 21.5" Touch screen with 1920x1080 pixels than I would a just under 5" (visible) screen at 768x1024 resolution, 30% of the CDU2 screen is hidden behind the keyboard on the CDU2 as that is where you hide the 2nd virtual FMS with keypad so that mouse keys app works with the CDU buttons. With more screen real-estate I can have the FMC and Aivlasoft EFB etc on the second screen. The trick with windowed mode on Vista and Windows 7 to keep the frame rate up is to hide the taskbar when running FSX, also dont use the ******* tweaks in the FSX.cfg to enable V-Sync in windowed mode as that can lower the frame rate dramatically. Windows 7 natively supports Touch Screen monitors too so that is another reason to drop Vista as well, but most touch screens do come with software as well for OS's that do not support them natively, whether they supply software for XP though I have no idea.