Sign in to follow this  
devonchung

It just does what you ask it to do....No Fuss, No Muss

Dear PMDG, Just wanted to thank you for this awesome add on. After years of having products hyped and then becoming disappointed with them on release, it is soooooo nice to have a rock solid product that does almost anything that you ask of it just the way it is supposed to. Sure, it has its little niggles and hiccups but good Lord,...the aircraft performs so well so much of the time and the systems are just incredible! To top it all off, the smoothness of the simulation is second to none(even on my middling rig). I have just figured out the HGS runway overlay thingy and completed a short flight in IFR and peasoup conditions at night without a hitch! I didn't see anything outside my cockpit except the runway at the origin and the runway at the destination!!! The plane flew the 45 min flight plan and profile without a hitch, respected all altitude and speed restrictions and the AIII annunciated/assisted landing was out of this world! I still can't get over how accurately the runway overlay works! Anyways, enough ranting. Good job guys and thanks a million! The best $70 I have ever spent on this sickness I call a hobby.Hug.gif p/s the best part is I know I haven't even begun to discover all the intricacies that this baby has to offer because I haven't spent enough time exploring the manuals completely yet! Alex Chung

Dear PMDG, Just wanted to thank you for this awesome add on. After years of having products hyped and then becoming disappointed with them on release, it is soooooo nice to have a rock solid product that does almost anything that you ask of it just the way it is supposed to. Sure, it has its little niggles and hiccups but good Lord,...the aircraft performs so well so much of the time and the systems are just incredible! To top it all off, the smoothness of the simulation is second to none(even on my middling rig). I have just figured out the HGS runway overlay thingy and completed a short flight in IFR and peasoup conditions at night without a hitch! I didn't see anything outside my cockpit except the runway at the origin and the runway at the destination!!! The plane flew the 45 min flight plan and profile without a hitch, respected all altitude and speed restrictions and the AIII annunciated/assisted landing was out of this world! I still can't get over how accurately the runway overlay works! Anyways, enough ranting. Good job guys and thanks a million! The best $70 I have ever spent on this sickness I call a hobby.Hug.gif p/s the best part is I know I haven't even begun to discover all the intricacies that this baby has to offer because I haven't spent enough time exploring the manuals completely yet! Alex Chung
+1 Yeah, what he said! Applause.gif

Jim Wenham

I'll echo OP's sentiments... The NGX has met and exceeded my expectations. It runs as smooth as I can reasonably expect on my meager system... and in terms of the depth of the sim... well, already I can do everything I can do on most of my other addon aircraft and I haven't read more than maybe 100 pages of documentation... out of what, 4000? This is the... oh, wait... Jamalje covered it already:

This is the best $70 I've ever spent!I regret buying Black Ops >_>
and yeah, I wasn't impressed with Black Ops. Doesn't matter a whole lot, though... I won't be playing my PS3 for a while unless PMDG releases a PS3 version of the NGX :)

The trouble PMDG have got is that this isn't developed for a console.Bare with me.. Consoles are all on a level playing field, whereas on PC most machines differ, windows installations differ and FSX is a complete mess (although an enjoyable one).So I can imagine that trying to solve problems that crop up can sometimes be like 'pissing in the wind' becuase it can be a whole host of things, before you even start looking at the NGX code.Plus throw into the pot that some users have no idea how to fly this thing and then think things are wrong or buggy. I say a big well done to PMDG. I bought this realising that certain things might need tweaking or hotfixes and the like.Its part and parcel of something this complex - and utterly amazing. Well done guys..

The trouble PMDG have got is that this isn't developed for a console.Bare with me.. Consoles are all on a level playing field, whereas on PC most machines differ, windows installations differ and FSX is a complete mess (although an enjoyable one).So I can imagine that trying to solve problems that crop up can sometimes be like 'pissing in the wind' becuase it can be a whole host of things, before you even start looking at the NGX code.Plus throw into the pot that some users have no idea how to fly this thing and then think things are wrong or buggy. I say a big well done to PMDG. I bought this realising that certain things might need tweaking or hotfixes and the like.Its part and parcel of something this complex - and utterly amazing. Well done guys..
Yeah, supporting something like this has to be nightmarish but they have been on top of everything. Telling a bug apart from operator error with something this complex? It's no wonder some other addon developers have practically no support.