Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Texture error message

After a recommendation in another post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344790-g3ddll-workaround/ I put the following lines in my fsx.cfg to try to avoid crashes in PNW. // To show alerts or areas, set to = 1// To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0// Alert for missing texturesShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1// Render Trigger areas as visible boxesShowTriggers=1I then got the following error messages as I loaded the NGX Failed to load texture: $NGXCABINLIGHTFailed to load texture:GAUGEFIFTEEN I was initially thrown by this as I had also installed the latest hotfix but after removing those lines all was well. I do see the first texture in the texture.common folder and an entry referencing it in the panel.cfg but no sign of the other texture. All is working well but I'm slightly puzzled. John

I have the same results. I see the first $NGXCabinLight.dds texture here:F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\texture.common I do not know about gauge15 not loading. Maybe these have something to do with Hot (beta) fix 4?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

It looks like those line only tell it to post an alert when a texture fails to load. It's probably still happening without those entries, fsx just doesn't tell you

Kenneth, I am wondering if they are supposed to load .. normally, when MSFSX starts?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Why would anyone recommend that for someone who is not a Developer? Turn it off... it will save you from endless messages popping up while using addon products.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg