Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Micro Stutters

Hey Guys,Recently I have noticed something that I dont think I have ever noticed before. This is ONLY with the NGX. I am expierencing micro-stutters. I am solid at around 30fps with an external FPS limiter. it seems to be about every second I get a tiny stutter. It is most noticable on the grround or when looking straight down. Any ideas?Im running an Intel i7 (2.67) not overclocked.3gb ramWindows 7 Home Premium 64 bitATI Radeon HD 4800Thanks in advance. ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_2075311', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_2075311', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '2075311' }, parseInt('') );

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

This could be a v-sync issue. If you turn v-sync off (force off) for FSX, do you get tearing where a stutter would be?

Ill try the vsync when I get home. How do I shut that off?As far as other addons I'm running AI smooth and VAFS ans UTII usually but the last time I tested it it only had UTII running.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I use nvidia so I'm not 100% sure. But in the catalyst control centre, you should have the ability to select the FSX.exe and customize a graphics profile for it. One of the options should be to force v-sync on or off.

Thank you. I'll give it a shot later this evening.

Brian A. Neuman

I downloaded the most recent drivers and ATI Catylist, and I am not sure where to shut off vsync, or if I even can.

Brian A. Neuman

I get micro-freezes every 30 seconds or so while panning TrackIR around.It only lasts half a second, but it can get annoying after a while. I only get it in the NGX.