Sign in to follow this  
Vollie

Landing alt

Hi, In all flights it's recommended to filling the landing alt. Where on the fmc (or any other file) can I see the destination alt???I always check tha on www.fscharts.com. But this is not always correct!

on the overhead panel is the crz alt and destination alt rotating knobs, in FMC you dont need to enter any destination alt to my knowledge. get a program called vroute or its premium app, you can download all latest charts and rwy info from them too, also free is airnav.com with latest charts...dont forget to enter the rwy elevation and length on the radio stack ;-)

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

If you want a "correct" landing airport elevation, you will have to look at a real-world airport chart. There are a number of places where you can get these for free, but it depends on where in the world you are flying. An easy way of finding a "good enough" airport elevation is to open the map that is built into FSX. If you click on an airport, it will open a "Facility Information" window where you can see the airport elevation (among other things).

If you want a "correct" landing airport elevation, you will have to look at a real-world airport chart. There are a number of places where you can get these for free, but it depends on where in the world you are flying. An easy way of finding a "good enough" airport elevation is to open the map that is built into FSX. If you click on an airport, it will open a "Facility Information" window where you can see the airport elevation (among other things).
thanks a lot for your answer. I fly all around the world. FSX maps is a default way to do that, I do this for long, but i want an other way tofind the landing elevation without using map. It may be realistic.
thanks a lot for your answer. I fly all around the world. FSX maps is a default way to do that, I do this for long time, but i want an other way tofind the landing elevation without using map. It may be realistic.

thanks a lot for your answer. I fly all around the world. FSX maps is a default way to do that, I do this for long, but i want an other way tofind the landing elevation without using map. It may be realistic.
There is no free source that will give you access to real-world charts for every airport in the world (although that would certainly be nice smile.png ) There is nice (but long) list here of real-world chart sources: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/finding-charts_topic39667.html