Sign in to follow this  
callegro

Cracking/Popping sounds while flying.....

Thanks for helping Mel, So I'll list what I have for the three sound tabs: Sound 1 Name: Speakers and Dual Headphones (IDT highHardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111&DEV_7603&SUBS' Sound 2 Name: SPDIF (Digital Out via HP Dock (IDT High Hardware ID: (Same as Sound 1 Tab) Sound 3Name: Independent Dual Headphones (IDT HighHardware ID: (Same as Tabs 1 & 2) Hope this helps, Chris

Hello again Chris. I really don't see anything in the post above that should present a problem, although I am not familiar with what the term IDT High means. I run FS9 on Windows xp (yes I'm admit I am a hold out), so as far as basics I can't think of much else for now. I don't know if Windows 7 combined with your type of sound system and your particular installation of FS9 could cause what you are experiencing or not. One last thing, I have realized no one has asked; does the popping and cracking involve all FS9 sounds, atc, engine, interior and exterior? Check your speaker connections and Bose power supply if any? Regards,Mel

Hi MelI was wondering if memory could be an issue? One of the computer techs at work mentioned that it could be from not having enough memory. I have had the pc for over 4 years so this is a possibility. What do you think?

Just a shot in the dark here, are you eating rice crispys while flying? In all seriousness try this. In the main control panel try turning your main sound volume down to 75% via software and turn your speakers/head set volume knob up if you need to. I know I get distortion if I have the sound maxed out in windows CP via software and always have it between 75-80%

That would depend on a few factors. Window 7 32 bit or 64? How much ram do you have? And last but not least what services are running in the background that could also be using up resources. Please give us a more in depth description of your system. Does your frame rate also drop at the same time as the popping and cracking occur? The reason I ask is that it may be that you have a service running in the background, such your anti virus, that is set to check for updates every twenty minutes or so and places a huge load on your system when combined with FS9 running, . . . . ,Just a thought. You could also take a look in the Windows 7 dedicated forum: http://forum.avsim.net/forum/348-the-win7-os-forum/ to see if there is anyone there who has had the same issues. Regards,Mel