Sign in to follow this  
benbakers

Anti ice ?

I have a question that torments the mind.Is the anti ice is simulated on the 737 NGX? I do not speak of the visual, but the consequence?When we must activate the system AntiIce? Sorry for my english Mathieu Laws, France

Yes it's modelled flight dynamic wise but not visually

Below 0 Celsius

Perhaps I am totally wrong on this, but I always thought anti-ice was needed in conditions of visible moisture below +10°C OAT (or is it TAT...?) Not that I am in any way a real world pilot of course... Andrew

Ok thanks, but when we must activat it ?
Below 10°C TAT when in visible moisture (clouds, mist, rain ...) or in any area/altitude where icing is anticipated (e. g. based on weather charts / WXR).There are finer details of when or when not to use ant-ice in the respective manuals, but that's what I use as a general rule.

Dave P. Woycek

A question come in my mind. We can see TAT in NGX. Is there a possibility to see the SAT too?

Franck Feuillade

A question come in my mind. We can see TAT in NGX. Is there a possibility to see the SAT too?
Sure. Go to the PROG pages of the FMC. I think SAT is displayed on page two.

Dave P. Woycek

Prog 4/4 Edit: or maybe 2/4 like Dave says. I forget. Definitely on the Prog pages.

Matt Cee

Ah you right. I forgot to check the cdu :)thks!

Franck Feuillade

Also, if you are on climbout or cruise, and the SAT is colder than -40C you can turn it off. But if you are on descent the -40C rule does not apply.

Performance will be effected. You'll get more drag on the wings, less lift etc