Sign in to follow this  
coryryder

Climb and maintain 0 feet?

I spent 30 minutes or so setting up my NGX got all excited called for atc clearance and they told me to climb and maintain 0 feet! not to mention I had to wait 20+ minutes cause the A.I. traffic kept coming in for landings and ever other plane had to go around...I mean that was jut 40%! I would never get clearance if I set it to 100%. This has never happened to me is this related to NGX or the fact that I put on 40% Airliner AI on..? My flight plan (.pln from simroutes) was set to 19000 feet in FSX and the .rte programmed in the CDU was the same obviously. Anyway I ignored them ATC A holes LOL. One more thing, what's the easiest way to calculate how much fuel I should load. Example: KMSP -> KMDW 381 NM and payload 5000 front 5000 back for a good CG I just put 1/3 fuel but what should I really put? I remember seeing on the forums someone said load up and aircraft look at the progress or legs page before takeoff or something see how much you'll have left at arrival and subtract that from something and add reserves or something rather... Thanks in advance! Cory

Your first issue is a FSX issue, not NGX basedFor your second question, have a look at TOPCAT software. It has a full performance, fuel, payload etc calculator.

Yes, definitely FSX ATC, not NGX. Could I suggest Radar Contact if you would like something better cos the FSX ATC is rubbish.

RC is pretty good. They're making a new version so I'd wait for that personally. The problem with v4 was that there was no ground operations covered. Only takeoff clearance.

Your first issue is a FSX issue, not NGX based K how do I fix that? For your second question, have a look at TOPCAT software. It has a full performance, fuel, payload etc calculator.
I went to their website PMDG NGX was not on the list but i'm guessing I can use it as a guide until they get full support for the PMDG?

RC is pretty good. They're making a new version so I'd wait for that personally. The problem with v4 was that there was no ground operations covered. Only takeoff clearance.
i don't actually have it so I was unaware of that. I don't usually like the ground ops cos it'll take me in my Virgin 737 to the qantas terminal, odd one out.

Yeah there are a few issues with it. Yes the latest version supports the PMDG 737