Sign in to follow this  
jmp308

Glide Slope Discrepancies

Freinds, Has anyone else set up an ILS approach that performs as expected but you end up being 1/4 mi or so short of the TDZ? I usually enter with VOR/LOC so I can hold the last assigned altitude. Then once I'm on the LOC I select APP and I get perfect capture from top-dot down, it pushes over smoothly and rides the G/S but there seems to be an issue with the accuracy of the G/S as it relates to the FSX world such that I will impact short of the rwy. I have been in good viz situations so I can disconnect A/P and hand fly to touchdown. This has happened on KDCA 1 and KLAS 25L so I don't think that it's site-specific. I have no other nav or IRS alignment issues. I had a perfect install/activation, no scenery or other add-ons except using Radar Contact 4.3 (has been flawless). I'm flying the 738 with winglets. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance,Joe

I presume that you have set the correct airport altitude on the pedestal? I am not sure, but I think you may have to set the radio altimeter to "radio" and to 100 feet. Henri

Henri Arsenault

I presume that you have set the correct airport altitude on the pedestal? I am not sure, but I think you may have to set the radio altimeter to "radio" and to 100 feet. Henri
I don't think that will make any difference. Either the G/S antenna is in the wrong place, or the runway is.

Matt Cee