Sign in to follow this  
Chris198

RC´s Rwy assignment

Hi, and sorry my poor english ! I´ve read many Post´s in the Forums where they are talking about Problems with RC, ASE, FSUIPC regarding the assingnmentof the correct APP/RWY when you are flying in DWC-Mode.The only solution that seems to work is when you´re UT2 user setting a certain Spawn-Distance ?So, Iam not owner of UT2 (but Yes, I own ASE, FSUIPC-registered) and if I would buy RC it wouldn´t work with MyTraffic or the FS-StandardAI ?The correct (WX/Winds-dependent) assingnment of Rwy´s at least to me would be one of the most excited Parts from ATC !Sadly, RC dosn´t offers Trial-Versions and I won´t buy UT2 only to get running RC !Is there any other Solution ? Thank you !

RC works fine with traffic applications that create AI normally using regular methods. UT2 (a product for FSX only) gives the option of spawning ai closer to the aircraft to delay FSX rendering the ai in order to increase FSX performance. If you had it, it would be a concern for RC to see the AI soon enough at approach to assign the runway based on current ai patterns. RC gives ai patterns the highest priority in runway selection followed by winds and navaid availability if no ai are present. FSX included ai and My Traffic (X) or any similar traffic should work fine as will most other ai traffic packages. They render to be seen at least 80 nm out if not more. I don't follow the hifi sim forum here on AVSIM for ASE. Normally RC reads the existing winds via FSUIPC at your destination airport. In ASE's FSX original implementation it did not require FSUIPC to control weather. In order to smooth weather as you went along it required you use the option of DWC or direct weather control. In FSX this forced the weather at your aircraft location to be the same worldwide so ai at your destination followed wind patterns that would not be correct until you got very close. This may cause unstable ai operations and incorrect runway assignment by RC when you are forty miles out. RC also reported incorrect ATIS weather compared to the weather forecast by the METAR which should be close to the generated weather but not until you get there. ASE and FSUIPC were modified so that RC would get weather direct from the ASE METAR for destination but this fix did not adjust the weather while you were not there referring toi the METAR. I understand there have been improvements with the latest service release. Since you have a user registered FSUIPC4 you can turn off DWC and Global Weather mode in ASE. You then adjust the weather options in FSUIPC4 for wind smoothing and other weather options. Then weather at destination will follow normal ASE dynamics and METAR interpretation disregarding the location of your aircraft. ASE has just released another service pack which requires an FSUIPC update. As far as AI they are generated to standard models and RC will not have any problem seeing them. You do not need specifically UT2 for RC to see traffic. There is no trial period for RC however for extremely disappointed users on a case by case basis where their issues could not be resolved jd, the developer, has offered individual refunds. To be sure RC is what you might like, just click on my banner below to take you to the RC jdtllc.com product site. Click on documentation. Download the RC manual or just the tutorials to see what RC can offer. I'll ask another beta tester to contribute to this thread about RC and ASE interaction. I use FS9 and AS6.5 with no problems.

Hi, and sorry my poor english ! I´ve read many Post´s in the Forums where they are talking about Problems with RC, ASE, FSUIPC regarding the assingnmentof the correct APP/RWY when you are flying in DWC-Mode.The only solution that seems to work is when you´re UT2 user setting a certain Spawn-Distance ?So, Iam not owner of UT2 (but Yes, I own ASE, FSUIPC-registered) and if I would buy RC it wouldn´t work with MyTraffic or the FS-StandardAI ?The correct (WX/Winds-dependent) assingnment of Rwy´s at least to me would be one of the most excited Parts from ATC !Sadly, RC dosn´t offers Trial-Versions and I won´t buy UT2 only to get running RC !Is there any other Solution ? Thank you !
I'm not sure what your question is, but I use RC with ASV and ASE (latest release) in standard mode rather than DWC and have never had any issues with landing runways or erratic windshifts. I use WOAI ai traffice rather than the bog standard ai and they are assigned the right runways and so am I. I'm not sure what the problems you mention actually are... Edit: Ronzie explained it... DJ

"ASE Standard Mode", that´s the point ! As many other ASE/FSX users I just cannot live with this every 5-10 minutes repeating extreme stuttering !And regarding the "Smooth Cloud Transitions Mode", I know that there are Problems with Winds Aloft (also an Issue to me as I fly heavies).

Try using a weather archive for the date and time of your flight as opposed to using real world weather. This eliminates any server wait times and those ten minute updates as I recall but not being an ASE user but seeing this somewhere may help. These stutters occurred whether RC was used or not. Adjustments in updated FSUIPC and ASE SP3 helped with those timing issues. FSUIPC does have wind smoothing capability if you let ASE work through it. From the FSUIPC4 manual of the current base version: "Allow gusts in upper winds does not make such gusts, but simply does not remove them. Normally FSUIPC4 stops gusts in all wind layers except the surface one, as upper wind gusts simply aren‘t realistic." In the image below you do not enable allow gusts in winds aloft. This image again is from the manual furnished with the base FSUIPC4 manual.

"ASE Standard Mode", that´s the point ! As many other ASE/FSX users I just cannot live with this every 5-10 minutes repeating extreme stuttering !And regarding the "Smooth Cloud Transitions Mode", I know that there are Problems with Winds Aloft (also an Issue to me as I fly heavies).
I don't have the winds aloft issues and I fly heavies 90% of the time; I also don't have the stuttering issues you mention - make sure you're running the latest SP3 version and control winds with FSUIPC for the former and make sure you have properly optimized your system and FSX for the latter. DJ

Sorry I could not get back to this issue earlier. I use ASE and fly the LDS 767 in FSX. I use ASE in DWC mode with no stutters. I have the lastest registered version of FSUIPC v4727. I have my FSUIPC settings set to control winds smoothing and visibility. When RC request weather at destination I am receiving correct surface weather at my destination. The issue with DWC only showing the weather around my plane has been solved. If you have additional problems please post here. Bob Johnson