Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Freeeeeeze

I manage to reproduce on my rig a freeze 100% of the times doing this: (1) set your plane for example at EGLL (I have the basic FSX airport scenery) yet any airport would work(2) in the FMS origin = EGLL, destination = EGLL(3) input only one waypoint in the RTE for example BUNOP and activate the route(4) go to LEGS page click on BUNOP to bring it on the scratchpad and click again on BUNOP to replace it: the EXEC should light and you should see a INTC CRS of roughly 291 (button right of screen)(5) type 250 and replace the INTC CRS with that new course, press on EXEC button and kaboum I get the famous freeze: controls are frozen and part of the panel works. If you hit the FMS menu you see the FMS option of gone. I get this regardless of the airport, waypoint etc... with a probablity = 1I am running the latest hotfix It doesn't really interfere with the normal aircraft operation but was wondering if that bug could be one of the unsolved mysteries of PMDG 737 NGX. I've filed a ticket and support is looking into it. Anyway, great plane ! Kudos to the PMDG gang. Best Karim

This happened to me last night, the first problem I've had with the NGX. I loaded a flight sitting on the runway at EGKK to practice some approaches. I changed the arrival airport from LEAL to EGKK then moved the first leg of the ILS 26 approach as the second leg after SFD. The FMC option was subsequently missing from the CDU. Obviously this is something you wouldn't often do so I wasn't too bothered and just started a fresh flight.

Karim your right. I do get the freeze with your inputs. Although my freeze appears to self recover about 10 seconds later. Before HF3, i would occasionally get a complete panel freeze with no recovery. However after the HF, i almost never see the full persistent freeze, but on occasion, I get this strange panel stuttering. Freezes which can recover itself after a second or maybe 10+ seconds. Outside FSX is running smooth as possible (im in 2D), but the panel/controls "fps" drops to about 0.5. Meaning its stuck in a freeze with a refresh of panel and controls every 2 seconds. It happened twice when I was turning/descending. With the refresh rate of the controls at 0.5Hz the autopilot went nuts and overcompensated every 2 seconds, leading to a strange wobble vertigo effect. Pitch/yaw seemed out of control. Its like the panel freezer and the panel heaters were fighting each other. However after 10 seconds of hell it stopped and the autopilot recovered. Marcus Jian