Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Still seeking information

Guest bstolle
It's not every day I get asked a physics question. And then get asked to further explain. THAT is surprising.
Well, as 'physics' is according to the x-plane community one of x-planes strong points I'm surprised that you are either not able or not willing to explain.How much many would you ask for your explanation? But as not even Morten knows all the displayed vectors I'm not sure that your answer would be worth the money. @ Morten Yes, I know that the cycle dump is needed for precise work but as you mentioned, it's a nice 'demonstration' feature. Thanx for your reply :)

Well, as 'physics' is according to the x-plane community one of x-planes strong points I'm surprised that you are either not able or not willing to explain.How much many would you ask for your explanation? But as not even Morten knows all the displayed vectors I'm not sure that your answer would be worth the money.
Then there is no reason for me to quote you a price. In saying that, are you pre-assuming that Morten knows more than I do? Even I don't know that. I know he is extremely knowledgeable. I never said I know EVERYTHING about x plane or EVERYTHING about fluid dynamics or EVERYTHING about displayed vectors in x plane. I said I know more than enough to enable me to create add ons full time. You said "What value or aerodynamic force do the 'field lines' represent? "There are hundreds of field lines in that screenshot. And you want me to label the value or aerodynamic force of EACH ONE?Come on, Bernt. Be reasonable. Morten is currently involved with 1 payware project (His first one) and that project is being shared among 6 people (4 of which are developers). I'm involved in 3 projects in development and 2 already released and I have only 2 other people working with me at the moment. On top of that, I have support forums to manage for my products and emails to answer. So yes, Morten has time to take screenshots and offer a decent explanation.

Guys,I honestly do not have time to be tested or questioned on X Planes inner workings. I know more than enough and I use what I know to create add ons in a full time capacity.In between the already two contract jobs I have on at the moment, wrapping up the Saab 340, researching the documentation for the 747-400 and -200 and getting information on the DC-3, answering pointless questions to people who have no interest in x plane is just a waste of my time. (Sorry to be so blunt)If you pay me my contract fee, I'll be happy to conduct private consultations. Otherwise, please, stop asking questions that the majority of people in the simming community have no need to know.If you want to know anything more about x plane and how it works, feel free to email Austin.
there are many threads where you say that you dont have time to answer questions .. but then you come right back within a few mins/hrs and answer the questions .... and why are you trying to restrict the questions people ask? This is not really helpful. Might not be your intention .. but the text reads as hostile and with only a few people reading the xplane forum ... i wouldnt want to run them off .. especially if i were a xplane developer like yourself.

there are many threads where you say that you dont have time to answer questions .. but then you come right back within a few mins/hrs and answer the questions .... and why are you trying to restrict the questions people ask? This is not really helpful. Might not be your intention .. but the text reads as hostile and with only a few people reading the xplane forum ... i wouldnt want to run them off .. especially if i were a xplane developer like yourself.
I answer SOME questions. It's part of being "pro" x-plane. Answering questions that people ask...WITHIN REASON. A physics lesson is unreasonable.When have I ever restricted peoples questions?Read some of my posts. I sometimes reply with "Have a nice day!" and "Have a great day!"Hardly hostile. Not many people come here because there are specialized forums for x plane already. Where MANY people go to. 4500 people are registered on just the forums I am linked to. BTW, you still haven't signed your name on the PMDG forum. You are breaking their rules. Have a GREAT day!wink.png

Guest bstolle
BTW, you still haven't signed your name on the PMDG forum. You are breaking their rules.
What on earth has that to do with x-plane?Are you crosschecking totaly unrelated forums just make that post?Sorry but that together with the fact that you seriously want money for an explanation is way over the top.You are definitely not doing x-plane a favour that way.

What on earth has that to do with x-plane?Are you crosschecking totaly unrelated forums just make that post?Sorry but that together with the fact that you seriously want money for an explanation is way over the top.
There is a back story to that. Too long to explain. I frequent the PMDG forums quite a lot, actually. I am a customer. I am interested in the new 737 they have. I noticed he didn't sign his name. Do you want to get paid for flying planes across Europe? I should hope so. Just like I would like to get paid for MY time...WITHIN REASON. I'm quite happy to give free help sometimes.
You are definitely not doing x-plane a favour that way.
To think that ONE developer (only 2 years in it) has THAT much influence over x plane, is quite flattering. If you read MOST of my forum posts around the simming community, you will find I offer a lot of help and a lot of feedback to various people and beginner developers. When people are not courteous to me, I will NOT be courteous in return.

Gents, Please stop this quarrel.* There was a question posted and Goran gave an answer.For people who want to dig deeper into this material he gave a link to a place where more information might be available.If someone has a lot of knowledge about some specific item , its very kind of him when he wants to help us to find the answers to our questions.On the other hand its very unrealistic to expect an explanation wich is enough to fill a book with.Thats what we are talking about. Saying / thinking " You say you know , you do not want to explain it all, so my conclusion is , you really do not know" is stupid nonsense. Trying to press someone to give more explanations than he wants to give is unreasonable.We cannot expect Goran to give a lecture , like it was the AVSIM- University here.I you want to know it all so desparately , search the internet and have a look in the books. Constantly repeating this pressing is unpolite and unfriendly.People get irritated , and then people shout things wich are not relevant. Bstolle not signing with his real name at the PMDG forum has noting to do with this discussion. I assume that "not signing in" is just a mistake and not a matter of misconduct and Mr bstolle will sign in shortly, with his real name. * For now I am closing this. Regards Leen de Jager EDIT:I wrote: Bstolle not signing with his real name at the PMDG forum has noting to do with this discussion.I assume that "not signing in" is just a mistake and not a matter of misconduct and Mr bstolle will sign in shortly, with his real name. This was a mistake I should have written. Tierborn not signing with his real name at the PMDG forum has noting to do with this discussionI assume that "not signing in" is just a mistake and not a matter of misconduct and Tierborn will sign in shortly, with his real name. Sorry Mr Stolle , a stupid mistake..

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints