Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Autopilot makes sharp turns NAV mode

After hotfix 3(at least i think so, i never had this problem earlier). The autopilot sometimes goes into something that looks like a suicidal mode... It follows the route without problem for some time, today it was over an hour... but then all of a sudden it for no obvious reason what so ever it starts turning, in the beginning it turns slightly to the left, and then to the right again and then levels out...I thought that it might have been strange winds... but the winds was the same all the time, about 30 kts slight crosswind...But then after about a minute or to it starts to make a turn to the left again, and the turn becomes sharper and sharper, and after a while it goes WAY beyond the bank angle limit... at this point i check that the autopilot is in CMD mode so that it isnt the yoke that disables the autopilot, but everything looks fine so i take the yoke and turns to the right until the aircraft levels out... and put the autopilot back on, now the other autopilot... I also check the failure page in the CDU to see if there is a failure, but nothing... the aircraft continues straight for about 30 seconds with the autopilot... then the turn starts again and goes way beyond bank angle once again... this time when i grab the yoke and turns right i get a CTD...After checking the error log in windows its seems like its the MSVCR90.DLL module that has caused the crash...Not sure if the cTd is related to the strange behaviour of the autopilot but that is my guess anyway... This problem has occured a couple of times the last week... But those time FSX didnt crash and i could continue to fly with the heading selector instead of nav mode... Anyone else that has the same problem? Very annoying...Best regards/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

The winds was completely stable, no change in winds the last 30 minutes... and the wind smoothing utility is already being used:(

Niklas Eriksson

I had the same strange behaviour too Worried.gif but without CTD. I'm in revision 2922...

I had the same strange behaviour too Worried.gif but without CTD. I'm in revision 2922...
"nice" to hear that im not alone. As i said, im not sure wether or not the CTD is related or just an coincident...Hope theyll fix this soon

Niklas Eriksson

quite the same here. Since I updated the NGX with Hotfix 2922, the autopilot seems to be very problematic. It turns left and right like there would be strong wind-changes. Also the AP deactivates itself when the joystick (Logitech Force 3D Pro) is moved just a really little bit, so the head-knob (for view-change) is not usable.Both things worked well before the update. Is there any work on that problem?

I have had un-commanded sharp banks 3 times now and I'm using the latest hot fix. It has occurred during cruise, descent and a little while ago on final. It is not a wind issue. This time both localizer and glideslope were capture, on speed with correct flaps. It is a VERY sharp bank with AP engaged and APP captured. It reminds of the ludicrous jet wake turbulence effect when closely following a departing aircraft. On this occasion I had cleared approach traffic. Thanks. Bob Prince

Anyone else that has the same problem?
I had the same problem on the PMDG 747-400 X and was happy it didn't happen on the NGX .... until today, flying from CYVR to CYYZ. Exactly the same as described above, slight turns and banks until you get a bank angle warning. It stops by itself after a while and referring to the 747-4X, it looks like changing altitude (step climb for example) helps, but not always. It happens with steady winds too, but most of the time, when it happens, I have crosswind. No crashed though on my side. I think you had a second problem there. Anyhow to me it seems to be a PMDG bug, not only related to their NGX. And not weather related. Before it happened on FSX weather. I now use ASE and I since today I know the problem still exists. Annoying indeed. Best regards, Ralf