Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

Oh! Where's it gone?

Happy September. So I've broken open the zipfile and started this morning ironing out a few more wrinkles. My script.txt for Discovering Seattle and the other for FU3 Pro are being refurbished with an up to date list of aircraft, departures and destinations. While being distracted from the main task, and checking with Fled Viewer which airports sit on which tiles I found I can't open m0aeae.mod which contains SeaTac. The tile, and models, work fine in Fled. I've made a lot of changes around the Seattle region so, thinking I'd messed something up I temporarily replaced it with the same megatile from a clean unmodded installation. Same result so I suppose the original was corrupt. Does anyone have a repaired m0aeae.mod that I could try? Now to the title of the post... I thought I'd try Seattle '08, remembering that Jon had practically rebuilt the region but alas! I deleted it a couple of years ago when changing PC and now I can only find Part 2 in the library here. Where's Part 1? Jon, are you out there? Help! Incidentally, I found Duncan's Pasture doesn't work properly and had to delete and recreate that megatile, also there's a duplicate 0psj at Paradise on the south side of Rainier (though it doesn't show up in Fled or the FU3 map). A few other anomalies also were easy to clean up but I really don't want to have to rebuild SeaTac and its neighbours... And finally while I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high, I may start on some Canadian airports soon, certainly one major field but I rather fancy adding a few smaller aerodromes too while making the most of being unfaithful to FS9... Regards,D

Hello Dave, I've upload Sea0801 to my Fastmail location. I had to split it. Download both sea0801.zip.001 and sea0801.zip.002 to the same folder. They are 47.7mb and 37mb in size. Double click on sea0801.zip.001 and I think it should automatically rejoin into 1 archive. I hope it works for you. Take care, JimB http://flightunlimit...sea0801.zip.001http://flightunlimit...sea0801.zip.002

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Dave, can't open m0aeae.mod which contains SeaTac... may be it's not the mod file but the viewer :-) Which version of FledViewer are you using ? The latest one is V2.3 that can open up to 4000 modelsAndre

Andre! Good point, and one I hadn't considered. I'm not sure which version I have but I'll have a look when I get home. Cheers,D

The first version of FLEDViewer was distributed by forum zip and later by email on special request of builders.The intended creation a tutorial or special page on my FU3 site was never done :-(2010 I had my first computer with win7 and the tool was not working with it, freezing at file open dialog.Versions built under Win98 was still running, but not if rebuilt with MS VisualStudio 2005 :-( Version 3 will support up to 4000 model entries in a .mod file and will run with all Windows versions The library upload is done now :-) Andre The Readme file was uploaded before save - so it's empty :-( look at here readme.txt FLEDViewer3.zip14.Sep.2011---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disclaimer : These files are provided as is with no warranty. I won't get any responsibility of damage to your system or game.Conditions of Use: This software may be freely used, copied and distributed with the following restrictions: This document must be included in any redistribution. DO NOT place these files anywhere that requires a fee for downloading. DO NOT place any of these files in any commercial package or any CD collection without the authors consent.Andre Meystre, andre.meystre@agtim.ch more info about FU3 at http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is FLEDViewer version 3.0, tested/rebuilt for Win7 and all other Windows.You can open model files .mod created by FLED in FU3 with up to 4000 model entries.You can create TAB separated lists of the modelsYou can edit x,y,z coordinates of models and even move the full set to a new location.But caution backup your mod file firstMost important feature is the unchecking of model entries that will remove it from the file at save.This will help when corrupted models are in the file after FLED crashes. This files then will disturb FU3and the bad entries can't be deleted using FLED, so do it with FLEDViewerHave fun ;-)André

Hello Juvat. Could you please make sea0801.zip available? sea0802 is in the library but not sea0801.The links above seem to have expired.Thank you