Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

What are your FSX slider settings?

hello everyone, I don't know if it's just me or not but still setting all the sliders to rights except traffic makes even the 2600k scream. As you can see my sig that I have a H67 board so I can't overclock, so no discussions regarding that. I just want to know that what slider settings most of you people find optimal for FSX, I can however play FSX with 30-40 FPS with everything right except autogen density, which I am yet forced to stick it to 'dense', if I increase it then frames drop to 10-15 fps. P.S. I fly with the following insanely hardware demanding addons:ORBX (FTX) Australia, PNW, PFJ, NRM and CRM + all airportsREX 2.0 with overdrive textures packUK2000 and FSdt On default terrain I get very high FPS but flying with these addons really means saying that when fast is not fast enough. I hope anybody here with pretty similar PC like mines and ORBX addons tell me about his FSX slider settings. Thanks,

Everything MAX except:Water 2.0LowAutogen Very highAI traffic 20%Airport vehicles LowCars 8%Boats zero
How many FPS do you get? And are these settings with ORBX addons?

Asking for other peoples settings should only be as slight comparison. There are sooo many things that go into and I'm always surprised when someone says something like, "we have similar hardware so I should get the same results as you", or the opposite I guess too. Anywho, the point is there is too many things that go into someones FSX experience and use this only as base information at best. I just recently emailed someone my settings helping them get FSX set up for the 1st time. I helped him build his comp (well, picking out the components and flashing the bios), so don't pay attention to the writing, it was intended for him.

I would point out that I normally fly in larger hubs, like KBOS, KORD, etc, and always in a robust aircraft of resource hunger. These settings along with my fsx.cfg tweaks work for me. If we had the same hardware and addons the same settings still might not work for you. Check Orbx's support page. They've recently released a few updates and YBCS never ran so good. I get about 40 fps at gate #1 in the 747-8i. It was terrible and was quite happy at the results of the patch.Other than that, don't pay attention if someone has their sliders maxed and you don't. It's really a matter of what you do, where you fly, your maintenance, habits, etc.... it's give and take. You give, FSX takes. ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I normally have everything maxed, except Water on Low.2x and traffic off, cause I normally fly online. Autogen I had to turn down to low, because of the NGX and cloud draw distance is set to 80 miles, you really don´t need more than that with clouds. On normal airports I get 23-26 fps in the VC with the NGX and on addon airports it´s around 18-24 fps. Core i5 650 @3.2 ghz4gb RamATI 5570 1gb RamWin7 64 bit

Asking for other peoples settings should only be as slight comparison. There are sooo many things that go into and I'm always surprised when someone says something like, "we have similar hardware so I should get the same results as you", or the opposite I guess too. Anywho, the point is there is too many things that go into someones FSX experience and use this only as base information at best. I just recently emailed someone my settings helping them get FSX set up for the 1st time. I helped him build his comp (well, picking out the components and flashing the bios), so don't pay attention to the writing, it was intended for him.

I would point out that I normally fly in larger hubs, like KBOS, KORD, etc, and always in a robust aircraft of resource hunger. These settings along with my fsx.cfg tweaks work for me. If we had the same hardware and addons the same settings still might not work for you. Check Orbx's support page. They've recently released a few updates and YBCS never ran so good. I get about 40 fps at gate #1 in the 747-8i. It was terrible and was quite happy at the results of the patch.Other than that, don't pay attention if someone has their sliders maxed and you don't. It's really a matter of what you do, where you fly, your maintenance, habits, etc.... it's give and take. You give, FSX takes. ;)

I run on pretty much identical settings to you Dan.