Sign in to follow this  
titansteel11

Cruise Vectoring

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows any solution. When I'm cruising atc will for some reason vector me 90 degrees off course then guide me back on again as if for traffic management or something. However there is never any traffic on my TCAS or visually. This happens about every 10 minutes which gets really annoying and massively increases the flight time. If anyone has any solutions they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yeah, that part is poorly done. Go to your VOX ATC settings, and uncheck enroute traffic instructions. That should stop it.

NAX669.png

I had to uncheck it also when I first got Vox. Was this improved in V6 at all? It's a neat idea, if it worked correctly.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows any solution. When I'm cruising atc will for some reason vector me 90 degrees off course then guide me back on again as if for traffic management or something. However there is never any traffic on my TCAS or visually. This happens about every 10 minutes which gets really annoying and massively increases the flight time. If anyone has any solutions they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It happens if you miss your checkpoint. Atc is just trying to give you vectors to that point. Very annoying. A simple Request Direct command would be very helpfull in this case. Tegwyn promissed to think about it in the future versions.

It happens if you miss your checkpoint. Atc is just trying to give you vectors to that point. Very annoying. A simple Request Direct command would be very helpfull in this case. Tegwyn promissed to think about it in the future versions.
I don't remember missing any checkpoints. ATC would actually tell me there was traffic ahead and it vectored me around into a circle until I was back on course. As a result I ran out of fuel before I got to my airport. The first time it happened, I thought... oh cool! There's actually a plane out in front of me that it wants to vector me around. When it happened more than once and actually took me around in a large circle back the way I came before sending me back on flight plan, it was really getting annoying. I tried to ignore it once to see if there really was a plane ahead. Nothing, and ATC got it's panties in a binge and wouldn't shut up until I followed the silly vectors almost all the way back to the last VOR/Waypoint. I switched it off, and all is good now.

In my case I did not really miss the waypoint - I just was not close enough to it during the wide turn.Anyway, I think it was fixed in 6.05.