Hi there, Flying in to KDEN or any high altitude airport for that matter I notice that the clouds are hanging almost on the ground. ASE is reporting visibility at 10 miles and the lowest ceiling few at 8000, on final the clouds were at 800 agl. Any fix for this. I think I read somewhere in these forums that there was not a fix but could not find the post, so sorry if I am reposting but would like to fix this. I am running FSX with DWC set in ASE. Thanks.

I think this isn´t a failure. Denver is at 5431 ft and the cloud altitudes are from MSL. So 800 AGL should be 6200ft. Keep that in mind.

Maybe I am wrong but should the cloud base be depicted AGL? So if the metar report reads few at 8,000, then the cloud base should be approx. 2500 ft. above AGL if over Denver.

Hi, Make sure ASE is Build 647 also, so that you are up to date. A very old version of ASE could cause this and it was fixed a long time ago.

Jim, Thanks for your reply. I do have build 647. Here are my ASE settings. [Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 0VATSIMDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 30AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 0CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 0MaximumCloudLayers = 5MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 0MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 100MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 60MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 200MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 100DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 100CreateVirtualStations = TrueEnhanceRouteCoverage = TrueDepictHurricanes = TrueEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = FalseSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalseVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 100UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 100MaximumDowndraftRate = 2000MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 2000DisableHazeLayer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0SuppressionCeiling =FSXDepictionMode = DWCPreventFSXCloudRedraws = TruePreventTstormsWithCB = FalseGraduationCeiling = 20000ForceWindLock = False

Hi, What do you think is broken using specific examples from ASE and FS?

When I set up ASE for FSX, import my flightplan, and fly from KDEN or any high altitude airport the cloud base is duplicated just fine. For example, if the lowest ceiling is reported at SCT 8000 then it depicts the cloud base at approx. 2400 ft. AGL being that KDEN's elevation is approx. 5400 ft. But today I flew the NGX from KAMA into KDEN ASE reported the lowest ceiling at SCT 8000. On approach I encountered the cloud base at 800 AGL which is not correct.

Hi, Would need the ASE Report screen and a shot from FS. Also, are the 4 ASE cloud sliders all set to zero?