Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklw262

FS9 Aircraft unstable just before touch down

Hi,In brief I have the following problem when just about decision height, the aircraft veers off the ILS and becomes uncontrollable. FS9.1FsnavigatorFSUIPC registered version 3.98Active Sky EvolutionWilco 737 400 with BA liveryEGKK ExtremeEGLL Extreme So I flown from DTTA To EGKK using the 737, I am all set up on the approach using full ILS, then prior to touch down the aircraft drops a wing and looses control. I have deleted the fs9.cfg file and regenerated it but still the same problem , system defraged regulary Windows 7 Intel core 2 quad Q6600Geoforce GTX 460 SE Any help appreciated Regards Frank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HelloI had the same issue happen to me a few times just before flare while landing the Ifly Boeing 737. It's a really simple solution.The culprit is Active Sky Evolution. What you are encountering is wake turbulence, ASE somehow extends the period of wake turbulence after a landing, so sometimes you don't even see a plane leaving the runway but you still have turbulence. Go to the options tab and move the ground turbulence to its minimum setting and the problem is solved. J

As ymh said, it is wake turbulence generated by Active Sky. I almost gave up on FS9 because of it until I learned the cause of the problem by Jim an Active Sky team member.