Sign in to follow this  
waynelp

A little help here for a small problem

Greetings.I really enjoy using this aircraft simulation. Well made stuff.I have one problem I cannot seem to rectify. I believe I am pretty well versed in the use of the FSX, my computer system, operations of many types of the aircraft simulations I have purchased. I also am one whom reads manuals to try to figure out what is wrong or how to operate such.But.. I cannot figure this one out. I may be missing just one step and cannot find it. When I load up the NGX all functions work great, as it loads up operating and engines running, with throttle operation normal. Flys wonderfully, virtually. Now if I make it cold and dark, which I like to do, after all the systems checks and following all the checklists, after I start the engines I have no throttle control to operate the engines. By this I mean the throttles are connecting with the sim and move, visually, but they will not, do not, and I cannot make them operate the engines. The N1 is at 20.5 and that is where they stay. There is no indication of the throttles linking to the engine systems. It is like the linkage is cut, physically. I have no failures installed, all other functions work but no throttle control. I have retried several times and even reloaded the NGX 2X, but the functions are the same, NO JOY ! I have included a photo which shows the throttles advanced but still no movement on the panel displays.The N1 still show at 20. I have the manuals spread out on my navigation table and cannot find out what I would be looking for. I am not a flight engineer on this aircraft so I am lost. It has to be one item I am missing.Any suggestions? Thanks

Wayne L Pierce
737 # 162444;777 #305562 JS41; B1900; B747; 737NG; MD11
My Computer; WIN7 SP1, P3dv3.2, 16GB  I-7 3.50ghz processors, Nvidia GEforce 980 GPU, 2X SATA HD's. Seagate 1tb, WD 600GB - This is for the FS program only. I use 3 total computers for my cockpit, all add-ons are controlled via LAN connections. UTX, GEX, REX, A2A Accu-feel, Tongass Fijords,FTX sceneries All.

I had that problem, I reinstalled the NGX (twice) and reinstalled FSUIPC (payware version), I also binned my FSX config file and let FSX rebuild it, then dropped my settings a bit on my graphics card (ATI). That sorted it out, but if you want my guess as to what it was that really sorted it out, it would be that it was a combination of dropping the settings a bit and binning the config file, both of which would have allowed FSX a cleaner shot at loading data and it probably used less RAM because of that, so in short, I think it happens when your computer is running out of memory. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think have a similar problem. It dosn't happen to me all of the time which makes it harder to pin down. Though I have noticed that if I press 'Ctrl e', the throttles do work correctly after a short while. You may also find this thead useful... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/341688-no-thrust-when-moving-thrust-levers/

Christopher Bell.

Thanks people, I looked at the forum on the above mentioned reply and can see that I have the same issues. I have come to the conclusion it is a config conflict with my system and the PMDG 737NGX. I have to work around it now. I deleted the FSX.cfg and started it up anew and it worked fine. I did drop the fancy CFG tweak that was offered in the manual and that stopped my problem, sort of. As the engine was spooling up I was watching the N1 and as it got near the 20.5 mark, it slowed and stopped momentarily. I immediatley added throttle to "keep it going". I did this on both engine readouts and throttles. This just might have been a non issue but worth trying.Thanks.

Wayne L Pierce
737 # 162444;777 #305562 JS41; B1900; B747; 737NG; MD11
My Computer; WIN7 SP1, P3dv3.2, 16GB  I-7 3.50ghz processors, Nvidia GEforce 980 GPU, 2X SATA HD's. Seagate 1tb, WD 600GB - This is for the FS program only. I use 3 total computers for my cockpit, all add-ons are controlled via LAN connections. UTX, GEX, REX, A2A Accu-feel, Tongass Fijords,FTX sceneries All.