Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markparslow

May have hit the sweet spot

Hi all, I think I may have hit the FSX sweet spot or is there still more to come?? I have recently upgraded from an AMD6400+ to and i5 2500K; I now have 4GB of DDR3-1600 and a coolermaster 212 cooler , It runs very well @ 4.6ghz @ 1.385volts ( passes Intel burn test, idle temps are about 42c) I still have my old 9800GTX+ in the system at the moment. I use 8xS AA mode in Nvida Inspector and run my fsx.cfg through www.venetubo.com. when flying the PMDG NGX I see about 27/30fps locked @ EGKK when doing circuits with UK2000 scenery + 25% traffic in UT-2 with most slider to the right iam very happy with this but I am stll think of upgrading my GPU, maybe a 560Ti sc or a 570. Would it be worth me doing this? Would I see a difference above 30fps.I also have Aerosoft’s mega airport EDDF which I see 25/28fps. I am uising a 19inch screen @ 1280*1024 Mark

A new card would help, but probably not as much as you'd hope, only since you're running at that low res. If you upgraded to a larger monitor, running 1920x1080 etc, then yeah it would make a difference.