Sign in to follow this  
Von Rondstadd

Need help Sid and Star Version 6.05

Hello, Made a flightplan Leib (Ibiza) to LGAV (Athens) for FSX in map: C:\Users\name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files and one for FMC Level D 767!Using 1107 navdata Level D 767: D:\Flight Simulator X\Level-D Simulations\navdata.Load flightplan in FSX and in FMC 767.Used Procedure Pronunciation Editor for sid and star and Flight Plan Extras. Depart at runway 06 sid MHN3F first waypoint MHN.That works fine with ATC! Last way point before landing is NEMES and I want to use star NEME1C for landing runway ILS03RY.But before reaching NEMES-ATC is directing me in a other direction!!!! I tried to use SID and STAR setup but when I use button load flight file I can't see my flightplan I made, although it is in the same map!!!!It only can see MSFS Flight files like VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Minneapolis-St Paul Intl !!!!What am I doing wrong???? Where do I give in the sid and star I want to use????Or do I have to fil it in by hand???? And is it possible that ATC gives me a SID and STAR without filling it in???? Thanks!

With the new version, you're not supposed to have to do anything explicitly just make sure the transition points are set. In reality, I have yet to give me a SID/STAR mainly because Vox seems to hate me even though I try to love it.

This is what I would do: LEIB MHN SOTAX UM871 CAR UQ152 CDC UL869 CRN UM601 TRL NEMES LGAV for SID/STAR I would let the Flight Management Computer take care of that by entering it manually. Above flight plan will give you a clearance for the correct departure and a similar clearance for the STAR.You do not create any SID/STAR manually in version 6.

Oké thanks all! If I may ask what program do you use for making a flightplan??Or do you enter it manually from a chart?I use Vroute premium at the moment!Is there one you can recommend?

Above flight plan will give you a clearance for the correct departure and a similar clearance for the STAR.You do not create any SID/STAR manually in version 6.
According to the manual, you still can use the SID/STAR wizard. Or is it simply out of date, now that Vox will assign you one?

According to the VoxATC Update News for 6.05: The 'old style' Sids and Stars defined with Sid/Star setup or Wizard now work http://www.voxatc.com/Home.aspx/News Wouldn't you want to use the Wizard if you wanted to fly a certain SID/STAR and not have ATC assign it to you, or can you just call ATC for the procedure now?

This is what I would do: LEIB MHN SOTAX UM871 CAR UQ152 CDC UL869 CRN UM601 TRL NEMES LGAV for SID/STAR I would let the Flight Management Computer take care of that by entering it manually. Above flight plan will give you a clearance for the correct departure and a similar clearance for the STAR. You do not create any SID/STAR manually in version 6.
Did fly my flightplan this time almost correct and ATC gave me STAR NEME1C to land!I was followed the flightplan and after NEMES the STAR NEME1C in the ESHI from the level d 767.When a turn was coming up in the STAR ATC ordered me way before to make the turn (by giving me a heading and not following the STAR programmed in the FMC! ) and yes the turns where in the right direction of the STAR NEME1C but to soon !!!!Can you explane that ????

Did fly my flightplan this time almost correct and ATC gave me STAR NEME1C to land!I was followed the flightplan and after NEMES the STAR NEME1C in the ESHI from the level d 767.When a turn was coming up in the STAR ATC ordered me way before to make the turn (by giving me a heading and not following the STAR programmed in the FMC! ) and yes the turns where in the right direction of the STAR NEME1C but to soon !!!!Can you explane that ????
Did you request a Full ILS approach procedure? This means that you will be able to fly the STAR programmed in your FMC.If not Approach will start giving you vectors.

According to the VoxATC Update News for 6.05: The 'old style' Sids and Stars defined with Sid/Star setup or Wizard now work http://www.voxatc.com/Home.aspx/News Wouldn't you want to use the Wizard if you wanted to fly a certain SID/STAR and not have ATC assign it to you, or can you just ATC for the procedure now?
The advantage in version 6 is that ATC will give you the correct STAR to the runway in use from your initial approach point, if such options exist for the approach. In former version you would have to setup a SID/STAR for each possible runway and try to second guess ATC.I do not want to fly a 'specific' STAR or Departure, but only the one that corresponds with the runway in use at the time.Thats the great benefit of version 6.

Forgive me for sounding naive, but if your flight plan is to an airport to the east and ATC assigns you a SID to fly that goes west based on Runway 27, wouldn't it be counterproductive? Wouldn't it be better to just be vectored around? Or could you just ask ATC to depart from Runway 9 and then it'll give you the correct SID that corresponds with your flight plan?

Did you request a Full ILS approach procedure? This means that you will be able to fly the STAR programmed in your FMC.If not Approach will start giving you vectors.
No did not and that's why it did not work correct! ATC told me long time before reaching waypoint NEMES to decent from FL310 to Fl130 !Don't know how and when to reguest a Full ILS approach procedure ??And is it also possible to request an other runway??Can you tell me? Thanks!

No did not and that's why it did not work correct! ATC told me long time before reaching waypoint NEMES to decent from FL310 to Fl130 !Don't know how and when to reguest a Full ILS approach procedure ??And is it also possible to request an other runway??Can you tell me? Thanks!
When you are handed off from Center to Approach, then you can use the '0 menu' to request a Full ILS. Approach will probably already have given you vectors, but ignore them and request Full ILS procedure for the runway in use.You can see the runway in use from the first vectors given you by Approach.Ofcourse you can try to request another runway, but I dont think you will succeed. ATC alone decides which runway to use.

When you are handed off from Center to Approach, then you can use the '0 menu' to request a Full ILS. Approach will probably already have given you vectors, but ignore them and request Full ILS procedure for the runway in use.You can see the runway in use from the first vectors given you by Approach.Ofcourse you can try to request another runway, but I dont think you will succeed. ATC alone decides which runway to use.
Oké thanks a lot for your time and effort !!!! Is there a list with all the request you can make that are not in the manual ????