Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

diver3024

Visual C++ Error, Runtime Error R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call

Hello everyone, I know this is not PMDG related, but I hope to get logical answer to the problem I'm experiencing. I've looked on other forums but has yet gotten any real answers / solutions. I've been experiencing this message "Visual C++ Error, Runtime Error R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call" while replaying FSX videos. It doesn't happen all of the time, and when it does, it forces FSX to shut down. After restarting FSX, sometime the video will play and sometimes it shows this "Visual C++ Error, Runtime Error R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call" again. This is very annoying, and I'm starting to get used to the idea of not recording my flight, but it's a bug that's really been bugging me. However, I like to be able to record and watch my flight again if I can find a solution for this. I've only been a simmer for about 7 mos. I know most of you simmers in here are veterans with years and years of experience and probably came across this problem at one time or another. Any good advice or answer to a fix is much appreciated. Thanks Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to your event viewer & have a look at the error log. At minimum it should tell you which program is causing the crash. That should point you in the right direction

Go to your event viewer & have a look at the error log. At minimum it should tell you which program is causing the crash. That should point you in the right direction
Thanks Kenneth for your advice. I did that and this is what I came up with. fsx.exe 10.0.61637.0 46fadb14 demo.dll 10.0.61637.0 46fadb57 40000015 00002fee f38 01cc7556fcdc9f2a C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\demo.dll f7dc3324-e162-11e0-9fd8-bcaec5b7a692 Looks like the registry is corrupted.....I think. Thanks again for your input. Guess I'll continue to fiddle with FSX. It seems that's what I'm doing half of the time with FSX anyways. But I've learned alot since then and I'm not afraid to re-install FSX, or all of my addons if I need to. :-)

Not sure how you'd get registry corruption as a cause from looking at that error... That's telling you FSX.exe is crashing while trying to access some function inside demo.dll. demo.dll is part of FSX itself and usually when you get a crash in something like that it's pointing to a hardware stability issue. Bad RAM is a possibility, an unstable overclock of the CPU or GPU etc... I'd look into that stuff. Also, I'd consider just going with a single GPU and not two - you're losing an extra 1GB of available virtual address space for FSX by doing that. FSX is left with at a maximum 2GB to run in (4GB max minus the 2GB of mapped video memory) That can definitely cause crashes and stuff too if you exceed the VAS limit. FSX doesn't really benefit from SLI or Crossfire because it's so CPU-limited.