Sign in to follow this  
davidlondon

Anyone else finding reloaded flight files unstable?

I've been flying EBBREGKK via a reloaded flight file. Yesterday TO was marred by the plane not complying with FMC Speed (massive underspeeding to stall buffet) until Cutback Restore at 3000 (though AT, LNAV, VNAV and CMD A were all on OK). Based on another post, I tried fully loading the non-winglet -800 first, then reloading the -800 WL as desired. This time, TO was fine, FMC Speed was well tracked ... but suddenly, above 3000', the entire FMC active flight plan disappeared from the screen and I couldn't find any Coroutes either ... Anyone else had this? A bit disheartening when the bird is soooo beautiful .... Apologies if a redundant question. Tried to check other posts, but couldn't see whether this was already a reported issue that would be resolved in SP1 or otherwise. Thanks! Davld

I have had no problem flying restored flights AS LONG AS I saved the flight when it was established at cruise level and constant speed. The only issue I have then is that the radio altimeter adds 9000 feet to whatever it was set at when I saved the situation. If I save while descending, climbing, or on approach, however, when I try the reload it will either be corrupted in some way or it will produce a fatal error before it has even fully loaded. Now to be clear, I am using the original download version (Aug 5) because the fixes produced CTD's for me. I am hoping that SP1 will solve the reload situation problem that you, I, and many others have been having. I know of no solutions except may work-around: to only reload stable cruise level situations. That is a pain if you want to redo an approach, for example.

Interesting to hear of your experiences, Craig. As it happens, in both cases I reported in my post, the plane *was* stable in the cruise or lined up for TO. At first the situations reloaded OK, but now they consistently reload with errors. Anyway, as long as I know others are seeing different manifestations of the same issue, I guess we can be reassured that PMDG will be aware as you say. Much appreciate your tiime in responding, as always. Best wishes, David