Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Watch out - uninstallation of P3D

I decided to remove P3D today from my system, or at least only install the basic program to perform tests if I like. Without my addons - not going to use them due to performance issues and also some incompatibilities.And since some addons cause P3D to crash when being closed, this is for me a no go for now. But a word of caution: I deinstalled P3D yesterday, and somehow it bugged my whole FSX installation. I wasn't able to run FSX correctly afterwards:- both aircraft, NGX and LVLD, that I attempted to copy, aren't working after being deleted from P3D- assembly-something error on start of FSX, apparently a .NET 3 problem, but I wasn't able to solve it at the point, now uninstalled everything that could cause it, for now everything is OK... Reinstalling NGX, LVLD and Simconnect, so now things are OK. Shall see further in... My big advice: as a solo program to play with, totally OK. Combisolution, wow, better roll up your sleeves to deal with the whole mess. EDIT: OK, this is starting to pi$$ me off. Reinstallation of addons doesn't help. Now I'm slowly starting to wish I never tried this... I had perfectly working solution with FSX.

I decided to remove P3D today from my system, or at least only install the basic program to perform tests if I like. Without my addons - not going to use them due to performance issues and also some incompatibilities.And since some addons cause P3D to crash when being closed, this is for me a no go for now. But a word of caution: I deinstalled P3D yesterday, and somehow it bugged my whole FSX installation. I wasn't able to run FSX correctly afterwards:- both aircraft, NGX and LVLD, that I attempted to copy, aren't working after being deleted from P3D- assembly-something error on start of FSX, apparently a .NET 3 problem, but I wasn't able to solve it at the point, now uninstalled everything that could cause it, for now everything is OK... Reinstalling NGX, LVLD and Simconnect, so now things are OK. Shall see further in... My big advice: as a solo program to play with, totally OK. Combisolution, wow, better roll up your sleeves to deal with the whole mess. EDIT: OK, this is starting to pi$$ me off. Reinstallation of addons doesn't help. Now I'm slowly starting to wish I never tried this... I had perfectly working solution with FSX.
sad.png

Neither NGX or LVLD are being registered. Both deny the license. I bet it has something to do with the previous tests...

Not very nice... :(

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yeah, suits me for being a test-bunny... mad.gif

Yeah, suits me for being a test-bunny... mad.gif
P3D devs have anything to add to this?

Even if they did, this matter for big as it is, doesn't concern them at all - P3D doesn't support external addons, they are only here with their platform. What we do with it, that's our problem... The problem is user caused, no doubt. Nevertheless, it still is a problem I wouldn't like someone else crawling around. Btw. a piece of good news: LVLD is working again, I deleted the license in the folder on the C drive, and it created a new one, and now it's working. Maybe someone has an idea where PMDG stores their licenses? Possibly some registry key or a file?? That must be an easy one...

Headsup:Need to install FSX new.

Run ccleaner's registry cleaner once you've uninstalled your addons, before trying to reinstall them. This should remove any rogue registry settings that may be preventing you from registering your product.

Word Not Allowed, I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled P3D three times now alongside an FSX installation on the same PC. So far there's been zero conflict between the two, I have them installed on separate drives, neither of which is the Windows boot drive. Of course... I'm not messing with addons at this point other than the ENB mod, EZCA and the officially released ORBX PNW demo. I'll wait until EULA issues are sorted out before trying stuff like REX or other specific FSX addons like payware aircraft. I think messing with PMDG's license on your machine is not exactly a smart idea from a legal perspective :) Cheers,Derek

Derek, I know, I have been testing P3D with those addons too, and found out to have zero issues.But truth to be told, what is P3D without PMDGs aircraft, addons for flying etc... do I really need that?The reason for P3D was one and only, as for the many others, FSX + addons = better performance? It's not from my perspective and I only wanted to warn anyone going this path, testing addons that we have under FSX, expecting possible troubles when returning to FSX. And come on... concerning EULA... seriously, I bought the product, and how/where I run it, it's my thing. I'll do tests as I like, changing whatever I like - if I don't publish it, nothing to do with them. Of course I don't expect them to support my playground.