Sign in to follow this  
mounty

SPOILER WARNING

Hi, I am using FS9 and when I start the take of roll I get an Aural warning and then a message in the EICAS that states COnfigure spoilers. However I have not touched the spoilers in the start up proceedure but checked to make sure they are in the down position. Also I cannot move the spoilers with the mouse. Are there specific key strokes to move the spoilers? Also are there specific keys to adjust the trim setting when setting up the take of configuration. I can't find any reference to either in all the manuals or websites. Thanks Rob

The spoilers and trim are assigned to the default FSX function. Have you tried arming the spoilers before taking off?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

He's useing fs9. The warning sound may be from you not ''arming'' the spiolers for takeoff ( incase of an aborted takeoff ), same way you arm them for landing. Does placing the cursor over the spioler lever, and moving the MOUSE WHEEL make the lever move? ( BTW to arm the spioler in FSX, its Shift +? ( key with question mark and a ''/''.)...it might be the same for fs9. )

He's useing fs9.
Oops! I meant FS9. What happens if you deploy the spoilers and retract them? Does the message on the EICAS come back?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. I have cycled the spoilers before starting engines and tonite I armed the spoilers before take-off and still got the warning horn and a slightly different message re config of spoilers. Are they supposed to be armed for take-off? I didn't see anything in the procedures that says arm them. Any further ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob

On the real 747-00, it's not possible to arm the spoilers on the ground for takeoff (at least not before the thrust levers are advanced). If you do try to arm the lever (thrust levers not advanced), the lever will fly backwards automatically (if hydraulics are available (or HYDIM cards are unpowered) and speedbrake actuator has power and the thrust levers are not advanced). If you then push the thrust levers to takeoff thrust, the speedbrake lever should automatically move to DN. Rob, are all your electrical busses powered? (see Elec Synoptic) CheersQ

Hi On Boeings you never arm the spoilers for takeoff, just Airbus does that. John,Romania