Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Sorry,The QA department didn't do their job before release.Try download again.Go to the right of the google doc page and download!!https://docs.google....jU5MmRiNmQ1Nzli

Edited by roarkr

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Try download again.
Hmmm downloads don't seem to be active to me, I see 3 files on the google docs page but only the .txt is active ..... anyone else having this problem ?John

John, there's a small arrow right of the file. Click on it and select Download.Roar, thanks a lot, Will try tomorrow, my FSX just don't want to start again... Have to delete FSX.CFG and re-config. I'm too tired tonight... :-(

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Yeah I knew about the arrows, wasn't that. I ended up emailing it to myself and that worked :sad:All installed and operational now. And working as expected Roar, thanks very much.Having done the inputs/outputs translation and working on this with Roar over the last few days ..... you guys are going to love it, it works well, very well in fact.Also a good idea to remove previous dross from the FSXFolderModules folder such as the .MCRO file and old .lua files, and clean up the [LuaFiles] section of FSUIPC.INI. And add n=Lua NGXMCP_202 to the [Auto] section. I tripped myself up by not noticing there's no full stop in that filename but is in the sioc .ssi filename.

Hi allOk here we goI have been a flight simmer for many many years and now I have started going a new way for meI just got my MCP and EFIS from Opencockpits.Yes very nice to look at but can I get them to work? NopeSo what an I doing wrong?I have installed SIOC and added the files from Roar as said in the appropriate folders. I downloaded from OC the test files and the units work.I started the SIOC.exe and if I hit SIOC Monitor and turn a dial and press a button it showsBut nothing in FSXI have the FSUIPC (paid for and registered)Guys please be so kind and help a dummy.Ah is there a book SIOC and OC units for dummies?????Any help will be so appreciatedThx Ian

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Could you send me a copy of your fsuipc.ini file?Do you have the downloaded lua file in your fsxmodules folder?rgs

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Hey Roarlua file is in the modules folder. How can I send you a copy of the file?Thx IanJust sent sent the file via PMThx IanI think I didn't say this but I have the EFIS also connected via USB and used a file called PMDGNGX_Opencockpits_EFIS_rev1.luaThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Do I need to add another line with config file for the PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1.LUA ?

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Does this help?Thx IanEditSeemingly not I tried to attach a file which didn't work. How do you copy a pic into the post?Thx Ian

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Sorry,The QA department didn't do their job before release.Try download again.Go to the right of the google doc page and download!!https://docs.google....jU5MmRiNmQ1Nzli
well done . MCP is working with your script - perfect thank youbecause at this time is too late I am going to made some test fly next evening. But small test on ground is OK

Not quite, the SIOC script is the one thats different, not the lua. Yes my version of the SIOC for the EFIS, as we have the Plug&Play hardware, and my version of the SIOC is just a translation of Roarkr's original sioc script for the I/O card version.We all use the same lua script and it should be in the ...FSXFolder/Modules folderSoIn your sioc.ini[MASTERS]MASTER=0,7,1,nn nn=your device numberIn ModulesFSUIPC.INI[Auto]1=Lua PMDGNGX_OC_PP_EFand also in the Modules folderPMDGNGX_OC_PP_EF.lua.......... it should work :)
Hi Crankpin, that didnt work, I am confused now, and dont know what to test. Edited by Francky

Hi Crankpin, that didnt work, I am confused now, and dont know what to test.
Hi,Haven't followed your specific problem emails, but make sure that the configuration file in the Modules folder should be FSUIPC4.ini , NOT FSUIPC.ini. Just a shot from the hip.

Good spotting Roar on the 4 in FSUIPC4.ini my bad.Francky has a new OC EFIS , but just the EFIS no MCP. having setup issues.Hi FranckyCould you post a pic of SIOC running like BHA335 did n the previous page of this thread, it'll help us debug.If you make the jpg of that screen shot less than 200k it's pretty easy to attach to your post.

Hi to both of you, and thank you for your help.Here is the copy of SIOC running :SIOC.jpgHere is my sioc.ini[sIOC]IOCP_port=8092IOCP_timeout=4000Minimized=Yestoggle_delay=20CONFIG_FILE=E:Program Files (x86)IOCardsSIOCPMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_PP1.ssi[iOCARDS MODULE]IOCard_disable=NoIOCard_LPT=No[MASTERS]MASTER=0,7,1,34[Note: change the number 28 into the Device number of your USB expansion card, see SIOC main window, devices][FSUIPC MODULE]FSUipcdisable=NoFSUipcRefresh=60[iOCP CLIENTS MODULES]IOCPini_delay= 3000IOCPclient0_disable=noIOCPclient0_host=localhostIOCPclient0_port=8099IOCPclient1_disable=yesIOCPclient1_host=localhostIOCPclient1_port=8092[sOUND MODULE]Sound_disable=YesVolume=100I have added this to my fsuipc4.ini[Auto]1=Lua PMDGNGX_EFISand rename and added the PMDGNGX_EFIS.LUA in the Modules directory ( originally your PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1.LUA file )Need any more info ?Francky

Edited by Francky

Thanks Roar, your script works very well. The only thing I noticed for now is that the Vertical Speed selction is inverted (positive rate when moving the wheel up and negative rate moving the wheel down).But very good job on the rotaries!

Fabrice Lambert