Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi Roar.Firstly, I changed the value from 100 to 1000 in the last line of the lua file but still with no joy.Secondly, I have downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC 4.758 and started up FSX but the MPC still does not spring into life.My VHF, NAV and TCAS work in NGX with the old and existing scripts apart from the selector knob on the TCAS so I know that there is communication between SIOC and FSX. I know that Vista is not the ideal platform for FSX but at the time of purchasing the computer, Vista was the latest system at the time.Gary
Try an even newer FSUIPC4 I found here:replace the "old" one with this http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4761.ziprgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Fred was indeed refering to me (Gary) and not Ian in his previous message - to save any confusion.I really do appreciate the assistance you guys are giving here - thanks.Gary

Fred was indeed refering to me (Gary) and not Ian in his previous message - to save any confusion.I really do appreciate the assistance you guys are giving here - thanks.Gary
Quit FSX and sioc.exethen:Start FSX first.Check in fsuipc4.log that the lua file has started and has not terminated.If lua is runningStart sioc.exeShould work now Edited by roarkr

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Quit FSX and sioc.exethen:Start FSX first.Check in fsuipc4.log that the lua file has started and has not terminated.If lua is runningStart sioc.exeShould work now
Indeed i was helping gary tonight. sorry for mixing you guys upIndeed followed the above sequence. Even did a complete reboot to be sure.The LUA log shows LUA properly started and the afterwards started sioc.The FSUIPC console log (switches on through fsuipc setting in fsx) does not show it sees the keypresses. If i look at my working config i see a fscontrol statement for every push or turn but that doesn't show up at Gary's logStrange Strange Strange. :(

Just to be sure, I did as you said Roar and waited for lua to start before starting sioc and the MCP still does not light up or indicate that buttons are pressed in the FSUIPC4 console log.Gary

It seems like your lua is running, but that it is stuck in a loop.Try first to disable the timer line2 -- before event, like this-- event.timer(100, "run_update")savechange aircraft to another NGX and seeare you using other hardware that uses some of the FSUIPC4 offsets?to me it seems like there is some kind of conflicts in the usage of FSUIPC4 offsets

Edited by roarkr

to me it seems like there is some kind of conflicts in the usage of FSUIPC4 offsets
I'm wondering if thats Francky's issue as well.

Roar.2 -- have been entered in the timer line and saved, changed to a different NGX and still no difference.Yes I am using other hardware through FSUIPC. Throttles, rudder pedals, ailerons and elevators and the autobrakes. I think that is all.Would that be beneficial to delete all these settings and offsets.

Edited by bussgarfield

Roar,The FSUIPC link that you gave me only downloaded the FSUIPC4.dll and not a newer programme.Gary
yes it is, fsuipc4.dll is the FSUIPC4 program

Sorry for doubting you Roar - dll replaced and I now have FSUIPC version 4.761. Loaded up FSX, lua started and then started sioc - still nothing.

Gary if you could check/test without the other hardware, it may give us an answer.There's also the OS question, we know it's working (for some) in Win7 X64 could anyone with XP or Vista 32 and/or 64 trying the MCP setup report success ?

Sorry for doubting you Roar - dll replaced and I now have FSUIPC version 4.761. Loaded up FSX, lua started and then started sioc - still nothing. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OK,The next thing I would do is to make sure that FSUIPC is not using other hardware/software that utilize the free offsets between 66C0-66FF.So make a backup of your FSX/Modules , then1. Uninstall FSUIPC2. Reinstall latest FSUIPC3. Modify fsuipc4.ini with line 1.lua NGXMCP_202 in the AUTO section4. Copy NGXMCP_2.02.lua to your FSXModulesTry againIf that doesn't help there could be problems related to that you have your FSX installed under the C: drive together with Vista. You could try to install FSX in its own directory.AT last you should ( not only for this issue) move over to WIN7 OS. The FSX behaves much better there.

Edited by roarkr

Hi to all, I will wait for the New EFIS script and test with it so see if it solves the problem. As I said before I am using an MCP Pro from goflight, and some saitek modules.

The next thing I would do is to make sure that FSUIPC is not using other hardware/software that utilize the free offsets between 66C0-66FF.So make a backup of your FSX/Modules , then1. Uninstall FSUIPC2. Reinstall latest FSUIPC3. Modify fsuipc4.ini with line 1.lua NGXMCP_202 in the AUTO section4. Copy NGXMCP_2.02.lua to your FSXModulesTry againIf that doesn't help there could be problems related to that you have your FSX installed under the C: drive together with Vista. You could try to install FSX in its own directory.AT last you should ( not only for this issue) move over to WIN7 OS. The FSX behaves much better there.
Hi Roar,Uninstalled FSUIPC and re-installed as suggested. FSX modules updated with the NGXMCP_202.lua file and FSUIPC.ini file updated with the entry[Auto]1=lua NGXMCP_202There were no further possible conflicts as every thing was clean.Started up FSX and NGX (for FSUIPC). Exited FSX. Started up FSX and NGX again then started SIOC once lua had begun - the result - the same. The MCP still will not light up and when buttons are pressed, there is no log in the FSUIPC Console log. The SIOC monitor registers the pushing of buttons and turning of the encoders.I understand what you say about the FSX location but I uninstalled from the CProgram Files (x86) location on the advice of the NGX Avsim forum prior to it's release as they said it would eliminate any issues with virus updates and and windows updates whilst FSX was running.The MCP worked fine with the default 737 and my set up with FSX in it's current location and with Vista. I will update to WIN7 in the future but surely I should be able to run SIOC, FSUIPC lua files and the plug and play addons on my current set up.You and Fred have been a great help and I am sure that we will get this problem sorted in the end. Given that all lua files and FSUIPC have now been refreshed (and they work on other peoples systems), I am wondering if the problem still lies with SIOC somewhere.Thanks again for your help.Gary