Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Here is in my GoFlight MCP Pro lua file the part were variable are common to your script :local function toggleVORL(state, unit)if unit == GFEFISU then if state == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_358_a') ~= 0 then ipc.control(69990, -2147483648) ipc.control(69990, 524288) ipc.control(69990, -2147483648) ipc.control(69990, 524288) elseif state == 1 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_358_a') == 0 then ipc.control(69990, 536870912) ipc.control(69990, 131072) endelse if state == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_414_a') ~= 0 then ipc.control(70046, -2147483648) ipc.control(70046, 524288) ipc.control(70046, -2147483648) ipc.control(70046, 524288) elseif state == 1 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_414_a') == 0 then ipc.control(70046, 536870912) ipc.control(70046, 131072) endendendlocal function toggleADFL(state, unit)if unit == GFEFISU then if state == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_358_a') ~= 0 then ipc.control(69990, 536870912) ipc.control(69990, 131072) ipc.control(69990, 536870912) ipc.control(69990, 131072) elseif state == 1 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_358_a') == 100 then ipc.control(69990, -2147483648) ipc.control(69990, 524288) endelse if state == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_414_a') ~= 0 then ipc.control(70046, 536870912) ipc.control(70046, 131072) ipc.control(70046, 536870912) ipc.control(70046, 131072) elseif state == 1 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_414_a') == 100 then ipc.control(70046, -2147483648) ipc.control(70046, 524288) endendendIt looks like that the scipt look for the state of the VOR status and do or dont do something.Can you help me solve that please.FranckI did misspell the name of the SIOC script : NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi I did miss the . between the 2 and the 0.
Hi,I really don't see why the VOR and ADF should be a part of the LUA script for your MCP. Those function are in a separate hardware. I would try to disable those lines.You also have to check that there is no conflict between usage of FSCUIPC4 offsets between my scripts and the scripts for your MCP.I believe the problems you both encounter is related to this.rgs,

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

You also have to check that there is no conflict between usage of FSCUIPC4 offsets between my scripts and the scripts for your MCP.I believe the problems you both encounter is related to this.rgs,
RoarWhere do I check that and what do I look for?Furthermore I found that the Ctrl =69991 which is part of the MCP (thats is the up and down Wheel) changes the EFIS app, vor, map, plnThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

You need to find out which fsuipc offsett that Your otherPrograms used Send this list to me and I can change the sioc script for youor send me the scripts for those programs you are usingRgs

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Hi RoarI am trying to attach the files but it won't let me send SSI files nor Zip files. Just unable to sendAny other way?Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Ian change the filename extender to .txt and the file has to be less than 200kb then avsim will let you attach it.I think I led you astray with the combined sioc for OC MCP and EFIS. I fear the lua file(s) version you have may not be the same as those I'm using.

JohnI will give it a tryBut if this is not a compbined SIOC how do you tell the ini file which config_file to use and how. Both have to be loaded. So what is the syntax to add this????Thx IanRoarHere the files changed into txt filesThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

JohnI will give it a tryBut if this is not a compbined SIOC how do you tell the ini file which config_file to use and how. Both have to be loaded. So what is the syntax to add this????Thx IanRoarHere the files changed into txt filesThx Ian
you have . (dot) in your config file before the write in your correct path

IanThe sioc I gave you, SIOCMCPEFIS.ssi IS a combined sioc script combining both the MCP and EFIS. You can/could translate it back to 1 sioc.txt file if you'd like to see/edit the code by running config_sioc and exporting by going to the Files/Export to TXT menu item.You would then notice that for the EFIS Input assignments each input assignment has a Device 1 before the Input nn. eg Var 1243, name CTR, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 1 Input 29, Type IThat Device number marries to the [MASTERS] assignments we have in the SIOC.ini (And yours are OK for my sioc. I didn't put Device 0 in front of my MCP Input assgnments, just the EFIS ones as SIOC defaults to Device 0 unless told otherwise)As Roar says, your sioc.ini line CONFIG_FILE=.NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi is ummm, a nonsence, but my fault, in that in the sioc.ini I gave you I have the lineCONFIG_FILE=.ScriptsNGXMCPEFIS.ssi I have all my sioc scripts in a sub-folder of my main sioc folder called Scripts. The .Scriptsfilename is a bit of old school DOS, meaning 'in a sub folder called Scripts of the current folder find the file called filename.So your line CONFIG_FILE=.NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi is actually trying to find a folder in the current folder called NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi See the problem ?If your sioc script is just in your main sioc folder CONFIG_FILE=filename is adequate, but as Roar says a full complete path eg CONFIG_FILE=C:BlahBlahfilename is 'foolproof'

GuysFirst of all I would like to thank Roar and John and especially Fred who has taken the time to talk to me on skype and help me with the installation.MCP is running1) Scenario: MCP on USB only and MCP file = MCP Works2) Scenario EFIS on USB only and EFIS file = EFIS doesn't Work3) Scenario MCP and EFIS on USB ( each on USB slot) and MCP File = MCP Running but using the DN / UP wheel for vertical speed will change on VC the EFIS for APP,VOR,MAP,PLN. EFIS not working4) Scenario MCP and EFIS on USB ( each on USB slot) and MY NGXMCPEFIS file = MCP Running but using the DN / UP wheel for vertical speed will change on VC the EFIS for APP,VOR,MAP,PLN EFIS not workingJohn I can't find your NGXMCPEFIS file anymore. Would you please be so kind and make it available again?The CONFIG_FILE=.NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi issueI have changed that andit doesn't make a differenceI am from the old DOS school . means this folder and if the file is in the same folder as the SIOC exe it will take it from there. This worked fine with the MCP. But as said to go by the book I have changed as you suggested and sorry to say nothingThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi IanApologies for trying to teach my grandma to suck eggs :)And thats bizarre I can't find the post with the combined ssi either, I got deleted can't imagine that !Anyway it's still attached to your post #186 above ... thats the same one isn't it ?I think I'm one version behind with the MCP sioc but I'll bring that upto date today I don't want to post an outdated ssi.The SIOC manual description of the sioc.ini file tells you how to combine scripts if you want to combine them yourself." CONFIG_FILE Script file used by SIOC,The file can have the follow extensions :.SSI Used in a compiled file ready for run..SSC Used in a compiled file, but this is codified..TXT When the file not has been compiled. In this case, SIOC compile the script and run. If it happens a problem, the SIOC send a error message..LST The file is a list of sources .TXT (one by line). The SIOC program launch the compiler and join all files in one. SIOC run the result or send a error message if it happens a problem. " - quote from manualThe .LST option is it .... a simple text file eg CONFIG_FILE=Combine.LST that just has the two sioc.txt files listed in it , one filename to a line. Running sioc should then produce an ssi with the file name used for the .LST

Edited by Crankpin

Sorry for this download mess from google.mapsSearch for "OpenCockpit" on Avsim's file libraryBoth MCP and EFIS should be there.
HelloHow can I use both ssi (MCP and EFIS) together? I have downloaded from Avsim's file library, but I have no idea how is possible connect together.

Hi JohnTHe NGXMCPEFIS file I made up but I think there is a mistake in it. As it doesn't work or let's say the EFIS part doesn't workSo I wanted to try yours once more.Anyhow my issue is actually still that even the EFIS file by itself without the MCP doesn't work which I find strangeAnd then I can understand that the combined one won't work either for the EFIS partMy combined one works but only for the MCP part. Which means the amalgamation of both must have been to a degree right.So if you could make yours available again for me to try I would be thankful or PM me with the fileThx IanEdit: At least I am learning something new here. That at least is fun

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

HelloHow can I use both ssi (MCP and EFIS) together? I have downloaded from Avsim's file library, but I have no idea how is possible connect together.
HiPlease be so kind and put a name below your posat it is actually a rule of the forumAnyhow your question is something that I am working on to get solved. Is the EFIS one working in your set up? Without the MCP?If yes good. It isn't for me. So I have that problem first of all. The other is explained as such by John above on how to get both SSI files together. I treid ythis and it doesn't work for meBut the MCP part works.SoWHat to do is maybe you want to download my NGXMCPEFIS files above and giove that a try (as i said it doesnt work for me)Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

At least I am learning something new here. That at least is fun
hehe Exactly :( Here's a combined MCP EFIS ssi for our P&P OC hardware. It works for me :Money Eyes:It's now upto date with Roarkr's current 2.02 version files available on AVSIM (search for 'opencockpit' - no s)I'd suggest you dload his files again I think he may have made changes and it's the only way I can be sure we have the same everything. Place both lua files in the FSX\Modules folder and make the Fsuipc4.ini file changes as he instructs. Check the lua filenames used in that fsuipc4.ini to make doubly sure they are perdantically the same as the 2 NGX lua files.In SIOC.INI check your CONFIG_FILE entry matches the filename you use for this .ssi and there are no other config_file entries.Check the [MASTERS] section has MCP is Device 0 and EFIS is Device 1 using the sytax you know well now :)Change the filename of this _ssi.txt so it'll work, and copy it to where your sioc scripts live.and here we go .... Good luck !John

Hi, ISMCLet me sumarize my status:MCP is working with "roark" ssi file "NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi"EFIS does not work - I have tried with "NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi"I have also tried ssi for EFIS nad MCP from "Crankpin" but it does not work as well - MCP little bit but not correctly - EFIS not at all.My situation for EFIS only :SIOC]IOCP_port=8092IOCP_timeout=4000Minimized=Yestoggle_delay=20[CONFIG_FILE=c:\fs_util\NGXMCPEFIS_PP_202_ssi.ssi][CONFIG_FILE=c:\fs_util\SIOC\NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi]CONFIG_FILE=c:\fs_util\SIOC\NGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi[iOCARDS MODULE]IOCard_disable=NoIOCard_LPT=NoMASTER=0,5,1,17MASTER=1,7,1,19Thx,Michal