Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

stevei worked with gary over skype to get it to work.If you would liked to be helped that way also please pm me your skype id and we will give it a try.No guarantees (in the end roar fixed it for gary also and not me) but we could give it a try

I'm currently running FSUIPC 4.600a...would version make any difference???...
Hi Steve. yes it may, get that updated, then jump on Fred's offer of skype help.From your description, first thing to check after that is the sioc.ini [MASTERS] section getting those device numbers sorted.

You guys are killing me!!...I've tried everything (most recent files from AVSIM) and now I can get the MCP to light up all "0's" but rotaries and switches don't work...I got excited when the MCP finally lit up only to be crushed when nothing worked...aaarrrrgggg!!!!!...I'm currently running FSUIPC 4.600a...would version make any difference???...Thanks in advance!!Steve Leingang
Steve,I know just how you feel but believe me, you will get it up and running. Fred, John and Roar all helped me get my MCP and EFIS working.With the latest download from Roar, it is all there - a fresh sioc.ini, the Lua files and sioc.ssi.Despite downloading the latest files, I still had issues with the A/T not working and both FD switches not working. I carried on and lo and behold, after two start ups of FSX it is now all working as it should.I have just completed a full programmed flight and auto land from LFBD - LEAL. Best flight yet and all systems are go.Back to the issue in hand, have you got the latest version of SIOC? It will be worth getting that as well as the latest FSUIPC. You can then start building from there.It took me a good two weeks to finally get it sorted and get it sorted, you will.Good luckGary Edited by bussgarfield

Hi Steve. yes it may, get that updated, then jump on Fred's offer of skype help.From your description, first thing to check after that is the sioc.ini [MASTERS] section getting those device numbers sorted.
Devices are correct...I'm totally perplexed!!!...I'm running SOIC4.01 and FSUIPC4.801, last download update per Peter Dowson (from his forum)..NEW problem now...made the mistake of making NGX my default, was unaware of the consequences...CRASH!!!!...anybody got a fix for that???Steve(bummed) :(
Steve,I know just how you feel but believe me, you will get it up and running. Fred, John and Roar all helped me get my MCP and EFIS working.With the latest download from Roar, it is all there - a fresh sioc.ini, the Lua files and sioc.ssi.Despite downloading the latest files, I still had issues with the A/T not working and both FD switches not working. I carried on and lo and behold, after two start ups of FSX it is now all working as it should.I have just completed a full programmed flight and auto land from LFBD - LEAL. Best flight yet and all systems are go.Back to the issue in hand, have you got the latest version of SIOC? It will be worth getting that as well as the latest FSUIPC. You can then start building from there.It took me a good two weeks to finally get it sorted and get it sorted, you will.Good luckGary
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Gary...I've got myself into a real pickle now!!!Steve Edited by smleingang

Devices are correct...I'm totally perplexed!!!...I'm running SOIC4.01 and FSUIPC4.801, last download update per Peter Dowson (from his forum)..NEW problem now...made the mistake of making NGX my default, was unaware of the consequences...CRASH!!!!...anybody got a fix for that???Steve(bummed) :Hypnotized:Thanks for the words of encouragement, Gary...I've got myself into a real pickle now!!!Steve
YeeeHaaa!!!...got the default crash fixed...now to get these modules figured out!!!Steve Edited by smleingang

stevei worked with gary over skype to get it to work.If you would liked to be helped that way also please pm me your skype id and we will give it a try.No guarantees (in the end roar fixed it for gary also and not me) but we could give it a try
Thank you so much Fred for the hours of work today guiding me through every step to get my OC modules finally up and running!!...I am forever in debt to you...YOU THE MAN!!!!!...Thanks again Fred, it was a pleasure meeting you...let's stay in touch!!Cheers!Steve

Hi allHAve a small problem at the momentFlying from EGPH to EDDW loaded as usual and all is there except the MCP switches off after maybe 5 - 10 seconds. If I reload it is back and then away again after 5-10 secs etc etc etc.If I use the MCP it will stay on as long i use it but once I don't do anything anymore that's it. THe EFIS stays on not a probJust the MCP all lighs go off. Once I say reload script it is there.Hmmmm puzzledAny help?Thx IanSomething elseIf I hit ctrl-shift-w all weird numbers come up on the MCP and after the usual 5-10 goes off again . I use the ctrl -shift-w for the AESThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

So I finished the flight and found a few more things.1st The EFIS works all the time.2nd the MCP as said before will switch off. If I then use the mouse on the MCP in PMDG. the OC MCP comes alive again but only stays onuntil I have finished with what I am doing on the MCP.No IdeaThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi allGot it sortedI uninstalled all and re installed SIOC. Then added the newest versions of the NGX files from RoarAnd presto it is working again.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi allGot it sortedI uninstalled all and re installed SIOC. Then added the newest versions of the NGX files from RoarAnd presto it is working again.Thx Ian
''Hi Ian!...I'm having similar problems with my MCP...what all did you uninstall?....Thanks!Steve

''Hi Ian!...I'm having similar problems with my MCP...what all did you uninstall?....Thanks!Steve
Hi SteveI uninstalled the SIOC via (WIN 7) Programs and Features. Then I re installed SIOC again and configured the ini files and whatever else has to be done as per Roar's instructions.Hope that helpsIf not send me a msg and I can talk to you via SkypeThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi SteveI uninstalled the SIOC via (WIN 7) Programs and Features. Then I re installed SIOC again and configured the ini files and whatever else has to be done as per Roar's instructions.Hope that helpsIf not send me a msg and I can talk to you via SkypeThx Ian
Thanks much Ian!...I'll give it a try later today...will let ya know if I need help!...appreciate your offer!Steve Edited by smleingang

Well, no joy with the SIOC4.01 reinstallation...same button switches still not working on OC MCP but okay on 2D panel selection....bummer...Steve

Steve,Use the sioc monitor to check the lights and switches are oke in sioc (i guess they are as we tried that one before)Next put the checkmarks in fsuipc as we did before and open up the fsuipc console log. See what happens if you press the switches in fsuipc.It is rather strange as you make use of a standard lua so i am a bit confused here. I checked my switches and they all work so it should not be the lua file,SOmehting that is different in your config than in ours must be causing this. the difficulty being finding what it is of course. :Nerd:Best thing might be to work with Ian or me and compare exactly what is happening when trying the switches but i guess this will not be a easy onegood luck

Well, no joy with the SIOC4.01 reinstallation...same button switches still not working on OC MCP but okay on 2D panel selection....bummer...Steve
I press LVL CHG button on OC MCP and IAS display changes to MACH SPD and upon release of the button display goes back to IAS...something very strange going on here...help anyone???Steve