Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Steve,Use the sioc monitor to check the lights and switches are oke in sioc (i guess they are as we tried that one before)Next put the checkmarks in fsuipc as we did before and open up the fsuipc console log. See what happens if you press the switches in fsuipc.It is rather strange as you make use of a standard lua so i am a bit confused here. I checked my switches and they all work so it should not be the lua file,SOmehting that is different in your config than in ours must be causing this. the difficulty being finding what it is of course. :Nerd:Best thing might be to work with Ian or me and compare exactly what is happening when trying the switches but i guess this will not be a easy onegood luck
Hi Fred!...as you can tell, I'm still as frustrated as ever but I'm not giving up...has not been a good week for me...my MAC G5 finally bit the dust so I can't Skype until I get a Windows camera or mic...I've been in mourning for it all week, now this...BTW...I just now noticed that the IAS/MACH digital display anomoly is not limited to the LVL CHG button but also the VNAV,LNAV, VOR LOC, APP and HDG SEL...now this only happens at higher altitudes...below about FLT LVL 250 the buttons have no effect on the IAS display...I have checked the button functions with SIOC monitor and everything seems to work...?!?!?!?...Here's a stupid question for ya...my IOCP Client Module ports are different from what ROARKR had me use as he thought it was strange that mine were 8090 and 8099 and his were 8092 and 8099...the MCP acts the same with either setup although my settings do not connect with the IOCP serve and his do...I would expect mine not to work at all without that connection...does this sound strange to you???...just wondering!FSUIPC logging works fine...!!!???!!!Thanks Fred!Steve Edited by smleingang

OK...was looking at FSUIPC logging and noticed that all of the buttons that are not working have the same control number...they are all Ctrl=70015...could this be the problem????Anxiously waiting for a response...Steve

Steve,I looked at my sioc window and for what it is worth i have port 8092 for icop server (which as far as i know is not used with ngx) and port 8099 for client #0 and then also port 8092 for client module #1, which is status disabled.Intersting find about the CTLR=70015. Since all your non functioning switches use this offset this must mean something but here we need to go deep into LUA which is an area where ROAR is the master.Out of curiosity i will try to investigate but don't hold your breath since it will require me to do a lot of study i guess.

Steve,I looked at my sioc window and for what it is worth i have port 8092 for icop server (which as far as i know is not used with ngx) and port 8099 for client #0 and then also port 8092 for client module #1, which is status disabled.Intersting find about the CTLR=70015. Since all your non functioning switches use this offset this must mean something but here we need to go deep into LUA which is an area where ROAR is the master.Out of curiosity i will try to investigate but don't hold your breath since it will require me to do a lot of study i guess.
Hi Fred!...I was hoping that maybe, finally, we found the culprit...I know nothing at all about lua files so hope you can figure it out or maybe Roar will have the answer!...Thanks again!Later!Steve

HmmmmHere we go again. Just trying to fly as we have Scottish overload today on VatSim and what does the hardware do?Let me downAgain I have the problem that I load SIOC and all starts but after a few moments the MCP goes dark. All lights off no figures. Can't do anything. EFIS works fine. Once I reload the script it is back for a few secs to mins. and then off again.WHYYYYY?????Thx IanCould it have anything to do with FSInn?Thx Ian

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hi,

HmmmmHere we go again. Just trying to fly as we have Scottish overload today on VatSim and what does the hardware do?Let me downAgain I have the problem that I load SIOC and all starts but after a few moments the MCP goes dark. All lights off no figures. Can't do anything. EFIS works fine. Once I reload the script it is back for a few secs to mins. and then off again.WHYYYYY?????Thx IanCould it have anything to do with FSInn?Thx Ian
Hi,I don't know if FSINN uses any FSUIPC offset. There could be some offsets conflicts between the MCP and FSINN. Is the MCP working OK when you don't use FSInn? rgs
OK...was looking at FSUIPC logging and noticed that all of the buttons that are not working have the same control number...they are all Ctrl=70015...could this be the problem????Anxiously waiting for a response...Steve
The 70015 is used only by the CO switch ( MACH/IAS ). Is it stuck in any way?rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi,Hi,I don't know if FSINN uses any FSUIPC offset. There could be some offsets conflicts between the MCP and FSINN. Is the MCP working OK when you don't use FSInn?rgsThe 70015 is used only by the CO switch ( MACH/IAS ). Is it stuck in any way?rgs
Hi Roar!...the CO button seems to work just fine...perplexed again!?!...at least we've found something to question...any way to edit control numbers for the other buttons???Thanks!Steve

Hi

Hi Roar!...the CO button seems to work just fine...perplexed again!?!...at least we've found something to question...any way to edit control numbers for the other buttons???Thanks!Steve
Hi,No, the control number is the ID to the specific PMDG switch/knob so they have to be correct, otherwise you will get another function.Send me a copy of your FSUIPC log file after you have pushed some of the working and not working buttons.Then change the word CO with LVLCHG in the lua file for the MCP. Then try to push the LVL CHG button and the CO button and send the resultwith a new copy of FSUIPC log file.rgsrgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

HiBack on the deckI just tried the FSX without FSInn and the same problem. It starts up and then the MCP goes dark. If I in the software (NGX) change something with the mouse like the FL oder Speed the MCP comes back to life and stops again but EFIS never stops.So strangeWhen I reload the script and I am fast to change something the MCP stays on until I have finished the change and then it goes off.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Ian,Just a wild guess but your symptoms could be related to not enough power to the OC modules.You are running them of the mainboard as i remember. Might be usefull to see if you can get hold of a 5V powersupply with a 3,5 mm jack (see OC site).

HiHi,No, the control number is the ID to the specific PMDG switch/knob so they have to be correct, otherwise you will get another function.Send me a copy of your FSUIPC log file after you have pushed some of the working and not working buttons.Thenchange the word CO with LVLCHG in the lua file for the MCP. Then try to push the LVL CHG button and the CO button and send the resultwith a new copy of FSUIPC log file.rgsrgs
Made the change to the lua and now the CO button lights up and controls LVL CHG...pressing OC again disengages LVL CHG, but N1 remains lit...selecting N1 reverts me back to activating LVL CHG...to totally get out of LVL CHG mode I have to select N1...LVL CHG button doesn't seem to operate anything...also, once in LVL CHG mode, you can't revert to SPD as the SPD button will not work until target altitude is reached...used to be able to interrupt LVL CHG but can't now...that's what we've got now...hope that helps ya!Thanks again!Steve

Ian,Just a wild guess but your symptoms could be related to not enough power to the OC modules.You are running them of the mainboard as i remember. Might be usefull to see if you can get hold of a 5V powersupply with a 3,5 mm jack (see OC site).
Hi FredHow right you were. Changed the USB connections and all is fine. Just tested itGreatSo back to normalAs usual Fred thx alot you are a great asset to the forumThx Ian Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

hola. My English is translated by google.I downloaded the file NGXMCP_202.zip and followed the steps for instalaccion of the files that come in the NGXMCP_install_202_txt.pdf, but the MCP does not work.I have done:Copy file to folder NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi Where You Have Your ssi files (can be Any folder of choice)4. Make reference to the new NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi in your file sioc.iniWith The line CONFIG_FILE = **** \ NGXMCP_2.02.ssiFolder location is your **** Where You copied the. Ssi file5. Copy file to your FSX NGXMCP_202.lua \ Modules folder (where you Have Your FSUIPC.dll)6. Make reference to the new NGXMCP_202.lua in your file fsuipc4.iniwith[Auto]1 = lua NGXMCP_2027. Start up FSX and SIOC and enjoy.my registered FSUIPC is 4.7.As I start the MCP? ssetup.exe start and select fsimulator x using FSUIPCthe sioc.ini MCP is activated and the MCP lights, but no key 737 of the acts on the PMDG NGXWhat I have to do?How I can make it work?thanks for the help.

What I have to do?How I can make it work?thanks for the help
ValkyLet's try to take this one step at a timeFirst step:What version of SIOC are your running? (make sure you use the latest sioc 4.01 downloaded from OC site)Next start sioc and show us (include the bitmap in your reply) what is shown in the sioc window.Once we understand this we can try to help you further

Hello and thanks for answering.I had version 3.7 and I have changed by 4.01.Now the displays the MCP are all zero and do not move, even if the PMDGthe Sioc:.ini:; This sioc.ini was generated by ocm_configurator (version 2.1); No MCP737, EFIS737, ATC737, COMM737 or FMC747 modules were detected...; If you are sure you have modules plugged in,; you can update this sioc.ini yourself.; Consult the OCM Manual in the lekseecon folder;[sIOC]IOCP_port=8092IOCP_timeout=4000Minimized=Yestoggle_delay=20CONFIG_FILE=C:Program Files (x86)IOCardsSIOCNGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi[iOCARDS MODULE]IOCard_disable=NoIOCard_LPT=No[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,8;[uSBKEYS];USBKeys=4,1004[FSUIPC MODULE]FSUipcdisable=NoFSUipcRefresh=50[iOCP CLIENTS MODULES]IOCPini_delay=3000IOCPclient0_disable=NoIOCPclient0_host=localhostIOCPclient0_port=8099IOCPclient1_disable=YesIOCPclient1_host=localhostIOCPclient1_port=8090[sOUND MODULE]Sound_disable=YesVolume=100gracias

Edited by valky21