Sign in to follow this  
HeirJimmish

Eiresim is Kaput?!

Morning all, been using Avsim for many years and seems to be the place to get some actual support for FS9, so thought i'd join you fine people! I purchased Eiresim's Luton scenery only yesterday through Simmarket, however due to a dodgy third party addon I had to instantly reinstall FS and start afresh. When trying to reinstall Luton however, I keep getting an error that the details I enter are incorrect, naturally, I head over to Eiresim's website, which I see has been taken down and no traces have been left such as a contact email. There is the info@eiresim.com mail address however if the "eiresim.com" domain does no longer exist then I can safely assume that the mail address is no longer active either. Simmarket make it very clear that no support is given nor do they give any details on how to contact eiresim, or offer any refunds. So my question is, have I just wasted £20 on something i'll never use again or is there a way around this? Many thanks in advance! James

A lookup of the domain name shows:Creation date: 07 Oct 2009 17:12:00Expiration date: 07 Oct 2011 17:12:00 So the domain actually expired yesterday. This could be because they have ceased trading but it could also be because they have failed to renew the domain name. Its hard to say at this point in time. Simmarket are obliged to sell you a working product and I think, despite any disclaimers they may try and make, you have a case for a refund from them if it can't be made to work. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Morning all, been using Avsim for many years and seems to be the place to get some actual support for FS9, so thought i'd join you fine people! I purchased Eiresim's Luton scenery only yesterday through Simmarket, however due to a dodgy third party addon I had to instantly reinstall FS and start afresh. When trying to reinstall Luton however, I keep getting an error that the details I enter are incorrect, naturally, I head over to Eiresim's website, which I see has been taken down and no traces have been left such as a contact email. There is the info@eiresim.com mail address however if the "eiresim.com" domain does no longer exist then I can safely assume that the mail address is no longer active either. Simmarket make it very clear that no support is given nor do they give any details on how to contact eiresim, or offer any refunds. So my question is, have I just wasted £20 on something i'll never use again or is there a way around this? Many thanks in advance! James
Hellothe site may just need the registration renewing.The owner and developer at Eiresim, Terry Smith is a student at Trinity College Dublin maybe he has been busy with real world stuff.I have sent an email to his last known University email address enquiring as to the status of Eiresim.It will probably all work out ok in a day or so.

Probably just forgot to renew the domain name, or is waiting until payday to do it (we've all got the T-Shirt for that one LOL) Give it a few days before really worrying about it. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the replies, yeah it does seem a little odd that they were created/expired on the same date haha! Will keep checking back. I'll give it a few days before I start making enquiries. Thanks for your help guys!