Sign in to follow this  
gura75

BIKF-KJFK can not find...

Hi How come Routfinder can not find a routing between two well known airports? I am thinking of BIKF-KJFK. I am referring to http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ It states following : NAT: Eastbound track message identification is 282NAT: Westbound track message identification is 281Couldn't find a routing between KEFLAVIK (BIKF, BI) and JOHN F KENNEDY INTL (KJFK, KJ) at FL330 - FL410. Any suggestions? Sincerely gura75

Hello gura75, BIKF-KJFK passes over the NAT areas and KEF Oceanic and Gander Oceanic for a major portion. The routing cannot be found because you would have to use random RNAV routing and from the looks of it, rFinder cannot use random routing. Looking at my charts, here is one I would use but you would be free to plot a route as you wish: Dist: 2252 NmGreat Circle: 2246.5 Nm BIKF.EMBLA 6330N 6235N 6140N 6045N 5850N 5555N SCROD VALIE N242B TAFFY J564 PQI J55 ENE.KJFK Regards, MJ O'Donnell

You can also check this database of real world flight plans (requires a free registration) http://www.edi-gla.co.uk Which gives us ICE613's flight plan, added on 15 JUL 11. You can take out the N0446F340 like stuff, this is the planned KTAS and FL at that waypoint. So the route is: FLOSI 64N030W 64N040W 63N050W 59N060W LAKES GELLS MT J574 YUL ALB IGN IGN8

Steve Caffey