Sign in to follow this  
AFAGNC

reduced textures

sirs, I haven't still understood if in the SP1 update will be incleded the reduced textures for the cockpit... It's very important for me, because I have only 2 gigs of ram, and redeuced textures (faster load I think) will let m use the ngx. because I think that's a must have addon for any simmers... also for me that I cannot upgrade my ram :-/ thanks

Not being smart, but with 2 gigs of ram, I am surprised you can run FSX, let alone the NGX

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not being smart, but with 2 gigs of ram, I am surprised you can run FSX, let alone the NGX
That is far from true Julian don't say that.I ran my NGX On a 1GB Laptop while my computer was down. It wasn't pleasant but I DID it.I will never forget that I came from 1.9Ghz and 2GBRam, and so when I encounter messages like this it touches a soft spot. And your answer doesn't help at all.Reduced textures will help this guy and that is all that matters.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Folks,Bear in mind that one is capable of running FSX and a multitude of low end configurations. The key is that one has to realize this and configure/tweak the system to run the sim within its limitations. Now on 1 gig of RAM many of your settings will have be turned down (eye candy would not be much of an option) descent flight performance is achievable. Now the NGX will/may require you to possibly adjust some more settings, but it can be done.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I suppose if you keep things default, no heavy addons, I guess it can be done. Of course, reducing textures on the ngx should help the OP. No offence intended in my first reply. Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

AFAGNC,another thing to take note of is, try "deleting" your "fsx.cfg", then restart FSX. The settings that FSX configures is what it deems as manageable. after this fly the sim around some, maybe the NGX as well and see what your performance is like, you can then make the necessary adjustments. Also, just a reminder you need to apply your full name at the bottom of each post Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I've already tweacked my fsx.cfg, but still not purchased the ngx. with the cs707 (quite heavy addon) I get up to 30 fps enroute and 15/20 during approach. how about the reduced textures? will they be implemented?