Sign in to follow this  
JoesCrew

No 2D Panel on Saved Flights

Hi, just installed FS2Crew on my PC for the PMDG 747-400X. FSX is running on a stable Win7 64 Bit system with the PMDG 747-400, everything running smoothly before FS2Crew. Downloaded the Fs2Crew PMDG 747 Version 1.1, installed it including the new Start Center.Then worked my way thru the installation guide of FS2Crew and did half of the tuturial flight without any problems. Everything wordks fine and dandy up to the point, where I saved the tutorial flight midways. When I try to load this saved flight (or any other saved flight, where I used any FS2Crew function), the 2D panel loads without the instruments (black space). In 3D-view everything is correct.I followed all the advice, UAC off, settings in FSX to 2D etc. FS2Crew StartCenter correctly installed, buttons ok, modified panel.cfg is in correct folder.thats how it looks.... cant klick on anything in the 2D panel either...

Hi, That's very odd. I'm not really sure, but I do know that 'save flights' often cause real problems with FS. But I've never seen saved flights cause that. Only advice is that when saving flights, ensure all FS2Crew panels are not visible. I generally recommend not using saved flights though as they can sometimes cause unpredictable behavior. Best,

thanx Brian for the fast reply! I really like FS2Crew because of the extra reality thrill it gives! Also because the crew is very present if you like to use all features or stays more in the background if you dont push all the buttons. Great concept! Unfortunately the 747-400 is made for the long hauls and i usually brake up long distance flights into two or three legs. Save and load is then the only option.All the FS2Crew panels are closed when i save the flight, still the same problem...

Guest jahman

I also get the same problem with the PMDG 744 after loading a saved flight, but I don't use FS2Crew, so now I just don't use 2D panels anymore (I use VC, TrackIR and a button on my yoke tasked with freezing TrackIR motion so I can click the switches and buttons!) Cheers, - jahman.

Well, today I figured it out. The same reason for my black 2D panel as reported for the TO/GA button problem:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/235263-toga-fs2crew-problem/The solution: when I dont load the FS2Crew panel state at the point of starting a new flight, then it works. I instead loaded the "pmdg cold and dark panel", went to all the FS2Crew flight plan and pre flight procedures. TO/GA button and autopilot worked fine on takeoff. After half an hour in cruise I saved the flight, closed FSX and rebootet. Then I reloaded this flight without problem, 2D panel there as well...I have to restart FS2Crew though by pressing FP on the FS2Crew panel without preflight procedures to reactivate the "crew".