Sign in to follow this  
bill1970

How to remove 2D panel from views

Is there a way to remove the 2D panel from the set of possible views? When I cycle between camera positions in the VC (from Captain's seat to Center Pedastal) I'd love to not have to go through the 2D panel since I never use it. Thanks Bill Rowe

I believe camera positions/views are in the aircraft.cfg files. You could try deleting the entries you don't want, but be sure to put a copy of the original(s) somewhere safe.

Is there a way to remove the 2D panel from the set of possible views? When I cycle between camera positions in the VC (from Captain's seat to Center Pedastal) I'd love to not have to go through the 2D panel since I never use it. Thanks Bill Rowe
Building on the previous question:Remove the 2D panel can increase performance?João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Building on the previous question:Remove the 2D panel can increase performance?João Alfredo
No. It's only used when you're using it. That sounded a little odd I know, but that's the gist of it. Same thing for 2d users, getting rid of the vc won't help performance.

Yep, only the panel being used will effect the frame rate.. Same as aVC won't effect a 2D panel.I wouldn't mind getting rid of my 2D panel window.. I never use 2D,and it's just an unwanted view I have to cycle through when goingto various VC views.. I haven't tinkered with it though.

I believe camera positions/views are in the aircraft.cfg files. You could try deleting the entries you don't want, but be sure to put a copy of the original(s) somewhere safe.
the aircraft.CFG contains the "extra" camera positions for the VC, but the 2D panel seems to be a default camera position from FSX. I did find it in the cameras.CFG file in the main FSX folder. I commented out the "Cockpit" camera and renumbered the rest, but that didn't make a difference. I guess the 2D cockpit is hard coded into FSX and there's nothing to be done about it. Unless someone with more knowledge of FSX has any better ideas. Bill Rowe

the aircraft.CFG contains the "extra" camera positions for the VC, but the 2D panel seems to be a default camera position from FSX. I did find it in the cameras.CFG file in the main FSX folder. I commented out the "Cockpit" camera and renumbered the rest, but that didn't make a difference. I guess the 2D cockpit is hard coded into FSX and there's nothing to be done about it. Unless someone with more knowledge of FSX has any better ideas. Bill Rowe
To start with the VC or 2D, go to Settings/Customize/ Aircraft and select the one you want.

Jay