Sign in to follow this  
fsxfsxfsx123

NGX PROBLEM

Hello all,yes, in the title I said I have a problem, well, its more a pilot problem then the plane. First of all I just want to say this plane is amazing and i cant keep my hands off it. My problem is though, is that when I put the REF airport into the FMC and then the dep and arr airport on the route page, it must assign a route into the database because the plane follows a pink line but the route it follows is completely off. I went to the MAP option in FSX to see if I was on course and I was flying in the oposite direction... What am I doing wrong... ThanksSteveo

You mean you're flying around the world the other way to your destination? Did you enter any waypoints at all? Possibly a typo? I'm curious what the fmc says about fuel needed?

no it's not like im flying around the other way, it's always just a different direction that im flying, it could be 90 degrees away from the route in FSX and I didnt put any waypoints if that matters. Hope I figure out whats going on haha :(

Also I put the route in and then go to Departure to select a runway and then choose a sid, then when i activate it, a pink line appears and thats all I dunno if that pink line is just the sid itself then a waypoint is required or something but shouldnt the route go in the right direction if i put the destination airport in route? this confuses me.

fsxfsxfsx123 What does your LEGS show in the FMC? Just a thought. Have you done the tutorial flight using the instruction that came with the package? If not this may clear some things up for you. BTW Please sign your full name in your post as the rules require. (Just a kind reminder)

Thank you Thomas, I'll check it out but I dont understand how when I insert my route, choose the departure, It just takes me away from everything...

The route will continue to develop on the ND as you go through the stages ofsetting things up. Almost sounds like you are not finishing the plan, settings, etc.IE: after choosing the ARR/DEP you will be prompted to save that with the whitelit "execute" button. Then when you choose the thrust settings, it will promptyou to "execute" again. As you get down to the thrust settings, etc, you will seethe route on the ND further refine itself.Sounds like you are skipping something.. Either not executing, or punching inthe wrong stuff, or sumtin..

One more question, what range is your nd set at on the efis panel and are you in map or plan mode? It's possible you have it zoomed in all the way & it's just a matter of the first wp in your Sid being in that direction. Go to a higher Range setting on the efis & see if it starts looking better.

Im executing it, Im sure of that but what could i possibly be skipping? and Ill try zooming out, thanks guys for your time.
Could be the zoom, but I'd almost bet your in plan view and the orientation is tricking you. It confused the heck out of me when I first started with the 744. When in plan view, it's oriented north up instead of hdg up, so if your pointed west and your next waypoint is west it'll show it 90 degrees to the left instead of up (in frot of you)Edit: Aside from walking through your flightplan for discontinuities, try to keep the nd in map view. That helps a lot until you get used to it.

Steveo Please add your signature (Full Name) to your posts before the banishment comes your way. Hate to see you get in trouble while your asking and getting help from all these fine folks.

Lol, I never noticed. I'm on my phone 95% of the time & can't see sigs at all.

I figured out what was wrong, I was a newbie to the aircarft and the tutorial I watched didnt include about putting the dest. airport in the legs LOL everythings workin now :( Steve Roberts