Sign in to follow this  
dutchdavid

Cold and Dark Start

I recently bought the PMDG MD-11. I know how to load the Cold and Dark panel but i first have to enter the game and load it from there. Is there also a posibillity to start the MD-11 with Cold and Dark panel state from the beginning from my flight?Greets,David.

There are a couple of ways that can work, but you are better off just letting it load up and then switching to cold and dark.

Oke thank you, but can you still tell me how i can do it because im really getting annoyed of doing it the whole time.Thanks.

1. Load the default Cessna.2. Shut down its engine and all power.3. Save as the default flight.When you start most any plane after doing the above the plane will start in the cold and dark status. I use FSX and it started my MD11 in cold and dark. I hope that helps.

Edward Smoker Sr.

1. Load the default Cessna.2. Shut down its engine and all power.3. Save as the default flight.When you start most any plane after doing the above the plane will start in the cold and dark status. I use FSX and it started my MD11 in cold and dark. I hope that helps.
I have done always like this. However, the MD-11 is always engines on. I don't mind about this. I let the MD-11 do it's 20 second initialization, then I choose cold and dark panel state and go get coffee. When I'm back, all the systems are turned off and the engines have stopped.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that. I must have done something else to get mine cold and dark when I start a flight. I will try to figure out what I did and let you know.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I recently bought the PMDG MD-11. I know how to load the Cold and Dark panel but i first have to enter the game and load it from there. Is there also a posibillity to start the MD-11 with Cold and Dark panel state from the beginning from my flight?Greets,David.
First load the MD-11, then goto "addons", "PMDG", panel state", "load" then click on "PMDG MD-11/F cold and dark .sav"Then save that flight. Then you should be able to reload it as a Cold and Dark situation.

First load the MD-11, then goto "addons", "PMDG", panel state", "load" then click on "PMDG MD-11/F cold and dark .sav"Then save that flight. Then you should be able to reload it as a Cold and Dark situation.
Yes, that's what I was coming to post. I apologize for not getting back sooner; have been most busy.

Edward Smoker Sr.

OK, this is old, but I came looking for a similar question, so I might as well post on this thread as start a new one..

I think the O/P was asking (in essence) whether it is somehow possible to choose to have a state (.sav file) load automatically with the plane, e.g. 'Cold & Dark', rather than have the aircraft start with systems running and setting the saved state manually each time. No big deal of course, but it would be nice, and a bit more realistic.