Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArjenVdv

Can't run FSX on my new system - "MSXML 4 SP2 component not installed." PLEASE HELP!

Hello,I've just gotten my new system (as you can see in my signature, updating GPU soon). I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, along with the motherboard's drivers, then I downloaded the NVIDIA driver for my card, restarted my pc so I got a normal full HD screen. Then I activated Windows 7. After that I installed FSX without any problems. But when I was trying to run it though, it was saying this: "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component."I did that and still I get this message. Could anyone please help me? I've never had this problem on any of my previous pc's before. I'm kinda fed up with FSX actually, I love to fly. But I've been spending more time solving problems than playing the game itself. There's always something wrong with FSX. It would be really nice if you guys could help me!Thanks in advance,

First, update WIndows 7 ... Check updates and update it. When finished, re-check updates again, will appear new updates ...Otherwise, you can download the MSXML SP2 directly from:http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19662

Yep, always get the updates on a fresh windows install.Also, it might be a good idea to kill your overclock while installing since it's a brand new system. That's never been a problem for me, but I've heard of others getting bad installs due to an OC they thought was stable. (not saying that's your problem either, just offering a tip)

Guys thanks for all this. I simply downloaded MSXML 4 SP2 from microsoft.com, and everything is working fine now! Silly me, I was just thinking that FSX would install that automaticly (because it was saying so...), but unfortunately it didn't. After downloading and installing it it's working now, hopefully I can now enjoy FSX on max settings on my new rig! Just ordered the Saitek Cessna stuff, hopefully get it tomorrow! :D