Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Can I use PMDG 737NGX with Fsuipc calibrated controls?

I am going to move all my controls to FSUIPC (with the exception of the throttle) tonight. I had recently listened to the latest FSBreak podcast, and it in it Chris Palmer, author of the Angle of Attack NGX training, pretty much promoted using FSUIPC for axis controls (despite the warnings not to by PMDG initially at release) because there is better fluidity of response in the controls.

Until I got the NGX, I had always used FSUIPC for all controls, and was disappointed by PMDG's stance on using FSX for control. I am happy to hear of other's positive reports. Actually, all this time I had the spoiler and landing gear assigned though FSUIPC with two of the three levers on the top of my Ch Products yoke, and they behaved perfectly. But I believe I did read somewhere that the throttle should be assigned to FSX because supposedly the NGX intercepts FSX's throttle commands and processes it in a special way (think of the NGX's various levels of idle: flight, approach, ground).

Untill recent updates of FSUIPC, there was an issue when using the slope function in FSUIPC Joystick calibration, where FSUIPC would put out very incorrect values at max deflections.

This affected all Aircraft, but had some additionally bad effects on the 737NGX

This has now been corrected in more recent versions of FSUIPC. (4.80 onwards)

BUG Correction: Version 4.80 (February 2012)

(12) Two problems are fixed which caused incorrect output values to be provided for non-linear slopes in the negative parts of the axis range.