Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

Very scary scenery problem after new PC assembly

I can only steer you away from London VFR. While it does look quite realistic, it is such a resource-hog, it's gonna bring your FSX way down below your knees - especially with AI. We are talking teens or less.Right now I'm happy I can run NGX or PMDG 747 on takeoff roll on UK2000 EGLL at some 20fps. That is without London VFR and AI.
Is that so, Word Not Allowed? This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have a similar rig and I was thinking to buy VFR London X, but was cautious as I still thought it could seriously affect FPS when flying add-on airliners to/from EGLL, EGKK and E170/E190 to/from EGLC. So it sounds like at the current PC performance the best I can get in London and surroundings is with UK2000's London City Extreme on the current hardware?Thanks,Dirk.

I can only steer you away from London VFR. While it does look quite realistic, it is such a resource-hog, it's gonna bring your FSX way down below your knees - especially with AI. We are talking teens or less.Right now I'm happy I can run NGX or PMDG 747 on takeoff roll on UK2000 EGLL at some 20fps. That is without London VFR and AI.
I've found another suggestion to use VFR London for the city and UK2000's EGLC extreme. I wonder how much FPS performance does it save?Thanks,Dirk.

My system, in my signature (although i have my CPU @4.6 now) handles Heathrow with every Ai airline that flies to/from Heathrow (minus the odd one which nobody has heard of) with UK2000 Heathrow and Gatwick, plus VFR London, Plus what ever REX throws in to the mix and the default 747, at about 17FPS.That is with V high settings, most of the CFG tweeks which have been tried and tested. The problem is, taking off towards the West will give 20FPS+ but imagine landing towards the East, in your view you would have a complete Heathrow, with 200+ aircraft sitting there PLUS pretty much every building in London.That isn't really an option as there is no enjoyment in the landing, other than visually.

Is that so, Word Not Allowed? This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have a similar rig and I was thinking to buy VFR London X, but was cautious as I still thought it could seriously affect FPS when flying add-on airliners to/from EGLL, EGKK and E170/E190 to/from EGLC. So it sounds like at the current PC performance the best I can get in London and surroundings is with UK2000's London City Extreme on the current hardware?Thanks,Dirk.
To try and put an answer to this, i don't think many PC setups can deal with 2 massive airports collectively along with one of the worlds biggest cities, in such detail as that provided by VFR London.Approach over the city in to Heathrow is almost the real thing, but performance can't be good. Its similar to NYC. Manhattan X as well as KEWR, KLGA and JFK is just overkill. Theres probably 500+ aircraft within a 30 miles radius plus 2 of those airports have big sceneries, + the entire Manhattan island detailed.In 2015 i think the current day FSX will be eaten, swallowed and then spate back out. Today, we can only hope/dream.

Is that so, Word Not Allowed? This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have a similar rig and I was thinking to buy VFR London X, but was cautious as I still thought it could seriously affect FPS when flying add-on airliners to/from EGLL, EGKK and E170/E190 to/from EGLC. So it sounds like at the current PC performance the best I can get in London and surroundings is with UK2000's London City Extreme on the current hardware?
A quick note.....I can run complex payware planes (F1 Citation Mustang/PMDG Jetstream 4100 etc) on my new PC with the following installed and active....PlayHorizon VFR Generation X Version 3 (photoscenery)VFR London XHeathrow Xtreme (GO Xtreme setting)Gatwick XtremeLondon City XtremeTreescapes UKUltimate Traffic 2 (@100% AI setting)FSX Power Project (freeware)This is at 1280x1024 resolution, with all detail sliders set to MAXIMUM** (except water, which is set to High 2.x), LOD Radius set to 5.5, and AA/AF set to 16xS and 16x respectively. With all of this active, I get relatively smooth framerates when taking off at Heathrow, and that's at dawn with all of the lighting still on!My PC specification is listed below....Gigabyte Z68A-D3 motherboardIntel Core i5 2500k CPU @ 4.4GhzThermaltake Frio CPU Cooler8GB Corsair DDR3-1600 RAM1GB GeForce GTX 560TiSoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Music2TB SATA-III hard diskWindows Home Premium 64bit** When I say MAXIMUM, I mean all sliders to the right (highest resolution textures and mesh, and scenery and autogen density set to Extremely Dense).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm on I7-2600k @4.8Ghz, 2133Mhz 2x4Gb RAM, 580gtx, Win7 x64. I think I'll settle on UK2000 EGLC extreme at this HW stage, as the concern is taking off / landing eastward in planes like iFly & PMDG NGX, or westward to/from EGLC in E170/190. I don't need 100% AI but I can imagine bad weather, rain, snow can seriously hurt my FPS. The only option left I guess is to try and combine VFR London X and EGLC Extreme. I wish it worked (meaning >18 FPS) at least in 1600x1200 resolution even though I'm on a 28' 1920x1200 monitor.Many thanks for your comments, very much appreciated.Dirk.

A quick note.....I can run complex payware planes (F1 Citation Mustang/PMDG Jetstream 4100 etc) on my new PC with the following installed and active....PlayHorizon VFR Generation X Version 3 (photoscenery)VFR London XHeathrow Xtreme (GO Xtreme setting)Gatwick XtremeLondon City XtremeTreescapes UKUltimate Traffic 2 (@100% AI setting)FSX Power Project (freeware)This is at 1280x1024 resolution, with all detail sliders set to MAXIMUM** (except water, which is set to High 2.x), LOD Radius set to 5.5, and AA/AF set to 16xS and 16x respectively. With all of this active, I get relatively smooth framerates when taking off at Heathrow, and that's at dawn with all of the lighting still on!My PC specification is listed below....Gigabyte Z68A-D3 motherboardIntel Core i5 2500k CPU @ 4.4GhzThermaltake Frio CPU Cooler8GB Corsair DDR3-1600 RAM1GB GeForce GTX 560TiSoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Music2TB SATA-III hard diskWindows Home Premium 64bit** When I say MAXIMUM, I mean all sliders to the right (highest resolution textures and mesh, and scenery and autogen density set to Extremely Dense).
Other than your 2TB HDD, your system is the same as mine, only i have my i5 at 4.6! I'd love to know how you can maintain such add-ons plus max settings. Although with the Horizon VFR textures, doesn't that erase all autogen. I know in the North (vol 3) i have no autogen because of the VFR textures.