Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably not related but curious nonetheless : My current rig has let me fly my PMDG737 in FS9 for more than a year without so much as a hiccup.Today I bought and installed ASE on a wideclient pc, made a flight from EGPH to ENGM and experienced a CTD 30 miles from my destination..So I'm posting this on the off chance that there's a known issue with a wide client installation .regardsMartin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Martin, there are no known issues with ASE causing CTD, although there are many documented cases of FSX CTD originally thought to be caused by AS (all past versions) as the weather environment's usage as per AS can reveal problems (it's been thought that the increased overhead required for complex weather depictions can contribute).If you'd like to confirm this and perhaps track things down, save the flight/weather after AS has set weather using the same historical date/time as per your CTD flight, then shut down ASE, load the flight/wx and the same problems should exist. Usual problem spots for CTDs include scenery, AFCAD, landclass, FSX.cfg edits causing instability, graphics driver issues, etc.Finally, if you have ongoing trouble using our product successfully on your setup please contact us at our support center (support.hifitechinc.com) with all the details you can and we will take a detailed look.

the problem is with FS9. I tried the same flight again today ( with ASE) and crashed at exactly the same spot of my flight plan.Will try it again tomorrow without ASE,regardsMartin